Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Struts on a 07 deuce

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:06 PM
DeuceRyder
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Struts on a 07 deuce

i was wondering if anyone has changed the rear fender out themselfs i purchased a wider fender for a 200 tire and it comes with new struts. The deuce has about ten inches of strut coming off the back of the frame that is basicly in the way of mounting the new struts. So do i just lopp those things off or just go a whole other route and probably end upcosting a whole lot more then i intended on spending.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:58 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Struts on a 07 deuce

Can you provide some more info on the kit you bought? What is it? Does it have any instructions guiding you on the strut install? You can't use the stock struts? etc...

Without more info my guess would be that you would have to chop the stock struts and weld the new ones on in place of the originals. Harley never anticipated anyone throwing more than a 180 between the stock struts. Plus, your kit came with sturts so that's an indication a swap is required.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:42 PM
DeuceRyder
Advanced

sorry, i bought the fender from mc avantages
Rear Fender, Flat, Struts For Softail®, 9"
Part STXF035[/align]By Stampedeâ„¢[/align]Raw Struts, Fender/Strut Kit[/align][/align]Thanks for the help I was thinking that was the only way is to remove the struts on my bike frame but i wasnt sure if that would ruin the strengh of the frame, doesnt look like it would but you never know and i sure dont! I will try to upload some pics later on so you will have a better idea![/align]

Old 02-20-2008, 07:29 PM
WaterHog
Road Captain

Are sure this will fit the Deuce, its state for a softtail but many soft tail application dont fit the Deuce.

The struts on the Deuce support the fender and most of the passenger wieght

Old 02-21-2008, 09:33 AM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok, got it now. Yeah, you would have to cut the OEM struts off. Looks like that kit just bolts up by the seat.

As far as whether or not the new fender and strut assembly will support a passenger and/or baggage, I'd contact the company. Just from the look I'd say no. This looks like it would make it a full-time solo ride.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:34 PM
DeuceRyder
Advanced

thanks for the info, thats what i was worried about was putting weight on the fender. Ive talked to a couple shops and they said cause of the thickness of the struts it sould be good to mount and not worry about putting weight on it!