Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deuce storage

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 11:11 AM
twiceretired
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deuce storage

Have an 07 Deuce, and just removed the sundowner seat, back rest/rack and saddlebags (bought a BMW LT for touring, so solo'd this one). I have a Kuryakyn fork bag for trips, but was thinking along the lines of putting a magnetic tank or tail bag on the rear fender for extra stuff on the few occassions I might need it. Anyone else try that, or come up with anything different? Thanks,
Frank

Old 02-22-2008, 11:20 AM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Deuce storage

The tank console might get in the way of a magnetic tank bag or at least make mounting it awkward.

We solo'd my wife's Deuce as well. We put a Danny Gray solo seat with a leather fender bib plus HD hard bags. There's enough room for small stuff and worst case she can strap some additional gear on the bib with bungees.

If you don't want hard bags mounted then I think I would go with a magnetic bag on the fender. I'm not sure if I would trust the magnets to hold everything on though. I might add a bungee or two just for the piece of mind. Either way, the rear fender appears to be where the most real estate is for strapping on cargo.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:51 PM
grumpez
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Deuce storage

twiceretired, I bought a swingarm bag from a company called Leatherworks, and it works great. Nice quality, and it looks good on the bike. Their website is http://www.leatherworksinc.com/312%20Chopper%20BAg.php. I've been unable to post pics for some reason, however, if you e-mail me at grumpez@***.net, I'll send you some pics of the bag on my Deuce.