Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iron Bags vs Boss Bags

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Huey Driver
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iron Bags vs Boss Bags

Im trying to decide between getting a set of Iron Bags and Boss Bags....Anyone have any opinions on which is going to be better?

[IMG]local://upfiles/49242/D504E4ACE17044E592D4FB996D20C52C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-22-2008, 08:34 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 492 Likes on 343 Posts
Default RE: Iron Bags vs Boss Bags

Both look nice. Look at Osprey also. REAL happy w/mine.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:13 AM
silvrbill
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

I bought the Iron Bags. Having a saddleshop recover my seat in leather to match the bags. Saddleshop owner said the bags were made from the thickest leather he had ever seen saddlebags made from and should last a lifetime with proper care.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:40 AM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

I just put Boss bags on, 42's. I used easy brackets because I didn't want to open the lid to put them on and off (I'm sure there mounting system is very good and they did question me on the size of the bags and using ease brackets but I'll try this). I have to fab up a little support rollerfor the bottom of the bags so there isn't a brace that stays on the bike. The bags look nice on the bike, am still doing some other mods and fabingup a few things. For me it was Leather Works and Boss Bags, liked the clean look of Boss Bags and the way they matched the seat pattern. They were vere nice to deal with and helpfull even though I didn't use there mounting system. Would gladly deal with them again. Havenot seen alot of bags to compare butthese look solid and well made.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:45 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had both Boss bags and Iron bags (Iron Bags currently) Both are great bags, but when it will really come down to, is if you want a quick detach option or now, or do you want more exterior options. On my last bike I never took the Boss Bags off. So for me the quick detach was pointless. Boss bags are IMHO built better than the Boss Bags. Thicker leather, heavier bag, bettermounting system (my iron thunder bags only have 3 bolts) With that all being said I would choose Iron Bags over Boss bags from now on.

Chris

Old 02-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: sonar_chris

I have had both Boss bags and Iron bags (Iron Bags currently) Both are great bags, but when it will really come down to, is if you want a quick detach option or now, or do you want more exterior options. On my last bike I never took the Boss Bags off. So for me the quick detach was pointless. Boss bags are IMHO built better than the Boss Bags. Thicker leather, heavier bag, bettermounting system (my iron thunder bags only have 3 bolts) With that all being said I would choose Iron Bags over Boss bags from now on.
Say What?

Old 02-23-2008, 10:50 AM
tkdblackbelt
Advanced

i just put boss bags on my 07 fxstc and i love them. i wanted bags to throw on for a trip, but dont want to use them around town. Boss bags has great costomer service, i would absolutely buy them again.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:53 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Guilty

ORIGINAL: sonar_chris

Say What?
[sm=insomnia.gif] lol Iron Bags are built better than Boss Bags is what I ment to say.... thanks for catching it.

Chris

Old 02-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Softail in 2007
Cruiser

another one for Ironbagsthe thickest leather I have ever seen !!

[IMG]local://upfiles/11433/75CD309490754DAA945914CF6A157DB5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-23-2008, 01:31 PM
commander112
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Have Boss Bags and am really happy with them (although I should have bought larger since I changed to true duals after buying the bags for stock pipes). Really like the quick release system and the bullet covers Boss offers.

Mark

Quick Reply: Iron Bags vs Boss Bags