Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your customizing idea's

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:11 AM
cskyler22
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your customizing idea's

Ok, thought this might be interesting. I would like to know your idea's on customizing my 08 Deluxe. All ideas are accepted. I'd like to see the creative ideas everyone has. Here is a pic of the bike.

[IMG]local://upfiles/52233/7D045A92A6D643469934EFCE01C63A9F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-24-2008, 10:20 AM
spike95
Road Master
Default RE: Your customizing idea's

When Ibrought my bike home, the first thing I started doing to it was taking unnecessaryparts off. I would take or add different things until I found a combination I liked. Best part is, it's free.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:25 AM
cskyler22
Advanced

ORIGINAL: spike95

When Ibrought my bike home, the first thing I started doing to it was taking unnecessaryparts off. I would take or add different things until I found a combination I liked. Best part is, it's free.
yea, i am going to take the passenger seat off, just ordered the fender bib to put in that space. I like the old look, with a little of the new look, ie.... i would like an old looking seat, and i like the new age look with the diamond plate grips and stuff

Old 02-24-2008, 12:11 PM
JROCKER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would do something with the license plate (laydown, relocate) Lose the reflectors, The sky is the limit with these bikes its all personal preference.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:14 PM
cskyler22
Advanced

ORIGINAL: JROCKER

I would do something with the license plate (laydown, relocate) Lose the reflectors, The sky is the limit with these bikes its all personal preference.
Yea, definetely need to get rid of the reflectors....The only prob with relocating license plate is having a light for legal reasons.... but laydown is definetely an option..

thanks

Old 02-24-2008, 02:01 PM
darkman
Outstanding HDF Member

Nice bike 22, only thing i would change are the wheels, 18 rear n 21 front!

Old 02-24-2008, 02:20 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

if you like old school, l'd loose the football and run an open filter or a round chrome job, strip your tank badges and buy some old style one, you can find em on the hd website. the old knucks and about half the pans had a painted dash that matched the colors of the bike, and the 1949, 1950, and 1/2 of the 51' hydra glides had black fork lowers. dunno man, your ride looks sweet as is, but there's always somethin else.
I'd get that oil bag powder coated black and then throw on the magnetic sticker too..

Old 02-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Called2Duty
Road Captain

Just put the BR's on my deuce,, nice pipes man... anyway try smoked lenses for your turn signals, also HD has headlamp rings (not visors) that for about 1/10 the price make your aux and main lamp look custom,, the first thing I did was lose my reflectors,, try a hairdryer on high for about 3 or 4 minutes it loosens up the adhesive, then just peel off... much cleaner look.
l.e.d.s lights really make the chrome come alive when the sun drops.
I like the diamond grip,,I also have it. also try shifter linkage cover only $30 and the chrome regulator cover also $30 just some ideas
make it your own

Old 02-24-2008, 06:12 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Nice looking bike Here is what I have done to the wifes so far. Badlander seat( I don't know why but she loves them) softbrake rear tombstone light with license relocation to under the light. Power commander along with the big radius pipes. I also lowered the rear a inch and a half.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:14 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Over in the Dyna section mudpuddle has started a "How too under fifty bux" thread that's really going great.
There's a lot of great ideas for mods that don't cost much (under $50) but will let you put your own stamp on the bike.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2546488/tm.htm

I think everyone should at least look it over, never know what you might find that will make you happy.

Quick Reply: Your customizing idea's