Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Seat Sugestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Strutter
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fatboy Seat Sugestions

Does anyone have a recomendation for a seat that would put me futher back in the saddle than most aftermarket seats? I'm 6'1" , have long legs and every seat I've tried lowers me in the seat. This puts me closer to the floor boards and makes me feel like I'm riding with my knees around my ears. Since the stock seat is relatively flat it allows me to slide back and stretch out.
Any ideas from those with long inseams?

Old 02-24-2008, 10:35 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Fatboy Seat Sugestions

I have the sidekick and it would just put you lower too. have you thought of using floorboard extensions? I read on here the other day the extensions for a touring bike fit fatboys without any problems but it does not say so in the parts manual. it sits the floorboards forward a couple of inches. do a search for the info i cant remember the thread.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:43 AM
JohnnyBoy
Road Captain

I got the extender shifter rod and right brake peddle. Left the floor boards at the same distance. Lepera
makes a thin flat seat that you can "rise back on" like you stated but gets beat up on comfort on distance
rides. Since most of my rides are distance, I stayed away from Lepera and went with a small company called
"Mammoth Choppers" up in Washington State who knew what I was talking about (in regards to the lepera) and
sliding back up on the seat to "cruise". Ive been very happy with the seat so far, have 3 200 mile trips on the
seat so far, and and taking it to the Laughlin River Run (300 miles) this April. (the seat is in my sig)

Old 02-24-2008, 10:48 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Try C & C seats, call Chuck. Im 6'3' with a 35" inseam and I am comfortable on my Fatboy with a C & C fastback seat. It moved me back over an inch and down over an inch. C & C can also customize the seat to move you back a litle more.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:50 AM
TNwilliams
Intermediate

I put the HD Brawler seat on my '08 Fat Boy. It does sit lower than stock, but I tend to sit back in the seat, and the ride ispretty comfortable. I will be adding the floorboard extensions when they arrive - not that my knees feel too high, but the stock position makes you sit like you are pigeon-toed. I'll also be adding an engine guard in the near future for those longer rides...

Old 02-24-2008, 10:55 AM
rtroyer1980
Intermediate

My stock seat fit me nicely but wasn't comfortable, gave me monkey butt. I was looking for a new seat and found Mean City Cycle in the "Sponsoring Members" section of HDForums. I sent my seat to him to put better padding in and in the process of ordering he ask me if I wanted to be moved forward or back which I didn't but in the form you fill out to have your seat padding redone they look at your height and inseam to make adjustments. A little over $100 and I have a better padded seat with the original look. I haven't put any miles on it yet till next week when I go to Bike Week but sitting on it in the garage if feels a lot better. You can read the post on his forum and get an idea of what he can do for you or post the question to him. He's fast at replying to your post and was great to work with on getting my seat done.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:03 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a sponsor here (sorry I can't remember the name) that reshapes the seats and one of the features is that you can seat back in the seat up to 3.5 in, besides they consider also you height and weight, look it up,

Mimo.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:06 AM
rtroyer1980
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: mimo

There is a sponsor here (sorry I can't remember the name) that reshapes the seats and one of the features is that you can seat back in the seat up to 3.5 in, besides they consider also you height and weight, look it up,

Mimo.
Mean City Cycle

Old 02-24-2008, 11:09 AM
smitbrad
Tourer

I have the HD Sidekick. It will put you farther back and 1-2 inches lower.