Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Hard sadlebags on softail.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:43 PM
sinenarockandroll
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touring Hard sadlebags on softail.

Woul like to know if any one has seen a Softail with the Hard Sadlebags of a Touring.

¿Is there any brand that makes them similar for a softail?

I've seen the ref that HD has on the catalogue but the are not as the Touring models.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Five0
Advanced
Default RE: Touring Hard sadlebags on softail.

I was given this site to go to not to long ago. The bags look great and the folks over there are easy to talk with and full of info. When the time comes I will be ordering mine from my Heritage.

http://www.cyclevisions.com/bag-moun...ail-bag-mounts

Old 02-25-2008, 11:54 PM
gt06
Intermediate

I've been looking for this same set up since I bought my Heritage in 06, but haven't actually seen it installed on a bike up close. A good friend of mind was at our local Harley dealership last week and he called to let me know that they have a 08heritage there with the FL hardbags and that I should check it out, so last Monday of I go.The set up looks great.Apparently they got the bracket set up from a local custom builder in my area and it's a take off from the cyclevision set up but instead of round tube stock he uses powder coated flat stock for most of the setup except where the bottom of the bag sits.They also had the cycle vision set up ,but when it comes time to purchase I will be getting the flat stock one ,because it's a stronger setup.The bags are $599.00 eachpainted Vivid Blackfrom HD add $ 70.00extra for keyed alike for your ignition,brackets from Cycle Vision $ 499.00 ( from this dealer anyway ), HD bullet turn signalbar ( the bags won't clear with the original turn signal bar because the bags will sit back just a wee bit further then the FL's ) $174.00. The salesman did tell me that the bracket set up from the custom builder may be a little cheaper than the CycleVision one ,but he has yet to get back to me with a price. Hopefully sometime this week.I did take pictures of the set up they had, but I'm not sure how to post them here. If you want I can send them to your email address from my work. They are on my computer there. IT's a great looking set up ,just like from factory.All that missing is the hard FL tour pac on the back and when I told him I was interested in that set up , he said he would bring one in to put on the same bike, to see how it all worked together.If some one can tell me how to put the pictures on here I could try.

G.T.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:20 AM
sinenarockandroll
Intermediate

thank's for the info.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:11 PM
snip0721
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've got some good pics of a set i'm working on. my 2000 fatboy, with c.v. brackets and 03 touring bags. bags off to paint real soon. pics are too large to post. happy to e-mail if you want. steve

Old 02-26-2008, 09:32 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior

I have the HD leather covered hard bags on my Fat Boy. (They were on it when I bought it last spring...) They're handier than heck, lockable, and I think look pretty good on the bike. (I'm admittedly biased...lol) I tried getting a stock no. for you off the HD site, but didn't have much luck. They are genuine HD gear though. I've found them before. I must not be entering it in correctly. And idea for your anyway.
I've tried to att a close up shot, but am not having much luck. I keep getting an error msg. (Hopefully not another system bug...) You can see them in my signature photo, but not really a close up shot. I can e-mail a close up if you like. PM me if you're interested.
Cheers

Old 02-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,756 Likes on 770 Posts

I have a set of EG hard bags mounted on Ghost brackets that I use for long trips on Reaper. Here are some pics.

I have a bracket that goes between the bags (just bent flat steel) that isn't in the pics. It keeps them from swining in and out.

When the bags are off, the look is very clean, with just the 4 mounts left on the fender struts.

I had to relocate the rear signals to the license plate bracket/taillight mount.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]