Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bikes to quiet

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Dave Cargill
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bikes to quiet

If I put Big Radius pipes will it affect the warranty

Old 03-04-2008, 10:58 AM
AK47
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Bikes to quiet

Im pretty sure that if you get the stearlership to install them that it will be covered in warrantee. Im not sure if its covered if you do it yourself.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:00 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dave Cargill

Not if you let the Dealer do the install, You should think aboutdoing theA/C at the
same time Stage1. You can buy the parts and take it to them or they may give you
a better price for the install if you get the parts from them? Hope this helps?

Old 03-04-2008, 12:27 PM
rockerhead
Road Captain

Let's not go down this road again with the warranty! Congress made it REAL CLEAR that if the installed partcannot be proven to cause failurethen warranty is not effected regardless of who installed. It's the stealers scare tactics to get you to use thier parts and labor. My local dealer will not install any parts not made by the MOCO. So the Indies live on.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:55 PM
philgrocks
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my 2007 FXSTC I just put on SE slip ons and installed the SE intake. Then the dealer did the stage 1 load. Dealer was very helpful.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:53 AM
benman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are not capable yourselfthen you need to have a shop (Indie,Harley) do the install. Don't let a buddy do it unless you know thier quality of work.
I do all of my own wrenching and can tell what a problem is caused by,and just like rockerhead said as long as install is done properly warranty is not affected.
The same can be said for servicing your own bike at 500, 1000, 5000,etc...

Old 03-05-2008, 01:12 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have done all my own service work all my own mods and put on my own big radius pipes and power commander.

Now that being said hopefully it never bites me in my ***.

I talked to the service guys where i bought my bike they all know me by name and iam and Industrial maintenance man so i know wrenching.

They said i can do anything i want but if lets say i came back in and my jug was cracked right by the exhaust stud and i put on the pipes hmmmmm then it could be questioned as to wether i caused it or not.

but any warranty claim i hand that had nothing to do with anything i put on would not be a problem and even with what i mentioned above they would work to have anything covered and MOCO would have to prove that something i did caused the problem.....

Old 03-05-2008, 05:42 AM
Road_Clam
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dave Cargill

Yes and no.

A dealership can legally deny a warranty claim IF they can accurately detail and prove the warranty related item failed as a direct result of you adding Big Radius pipes.

Heres an example: You install a set of Big Radius pipes. You don't install any type of additional performance fuel upgrade system. Now your engine is running too lean. You take a 1200 mi road trip all highway miles and burn an exhaust valve. You try to get the valve warrantied, but the dealer legitametly claims the valve burnt from an engine running too lean from you adding pipes. You are screwed at this point.
However, this scenariois a stretch, and probably doesn't happen much, but it can. Basically if you are unsure of your machanicalknowledge and abilities, suck it up and pay a dealer to do the upgrades, or you might be sorry down the road....

Old 03-05-2008, 07:10 AM
Eddielx
Tourer

I just putthe big radius on my 07 softtail.It does help alot with sound and the look.
I got the pipes form eastern for about $520 and I had my dealer put them on with the stage1 and that cost about $530.
They told me that it will noteffect the warrenty at all but it dosent cover the pipes.