Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cal EPA

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 03:00 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 145 Posts
Default Cal EPA

Question for you Californians. I have an '05 Deluxe FI with no mods other than Stage 1 and swapped baffles in my SE Dbl Brl 16 ga shotgus to Big City Thundermonsters. I am thinking of moving from Michigan to CA. Are there any issues from an EPA or registration point of view that I should be aware of? Thanks for any input advice.

Ted

Old 03-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Abe_Lugo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cal EPA

What I would do do your vehicle transfers through the AAA. Do you have AAA service? if not it's well worth it. I think it's like 35 basic or level 2, then another 22 buck to add the Motorcycle towing. It's paid for itself already in just towing.
I would add back any visual parts that you removed.
Because the AAA does a quick check and signs off and you get your regestration done through them, no need to stop at the DMV.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Waltman
Tourer

Here is a link form the DMV site that can help you. http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures...cts/ffvr29.htm

I do not think the EPA has nothing to do in this case. Hope this helps.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Abe_Lugo
Advanced

Yeah,
This is the most important line
"Does This Apply to Someone Moving to California?

If you are moving to California from another state, you may register a new federally certified vehicle in California if it was first registered by you in your home state, or for military personnel, in your last state of military service. When applying for vehicle registration in California, you must provide evidence of your vehicle's previous registration and that you were a resident of the other state when you acquired the vehicle."

But like i said, one exhaust's if their too load then you might want to flip out to the stock ones then go back when everything is said and done.
BTW they've been pinching people on loud exhaust in so-cal.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:29 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 145 Posts

Thanks guys for the quick responses. Thundermonsters sound so good and with my tune (got the SERT) I got to 78 tq and 74 hp and my torque curve is flat. Been looking at VH duals anyway and a cam change eventually, so changing exhaust maybe not a big deal. Thanks again.

Ted