Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on Slip-ons and Power Commander

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 06:13 PM
RednekF350
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on Slip-ons and Power Commander

I ordered Rush baloney cut slip ons with the 2" bafflesfor my 08 Deluxe and theycame in.
I pick them up tomorrow and I hope to have 'em on by early afternoon. Can't wait to hear them.
When I ordered them theparts guy said I will "probably" not need a Power Commander with the 2" but he said that 2 1/2" baffles may cause issues.
I haven't done an air cleaner and I am staying with the stock pipes.
Should Iexpect any tuning problems wit the 2"?

Old 03-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Sarge4life
Road Captain
Default RE: Question on Slip-ons and Power Commander

Your scooter is already running extremely lean with the stock exhaust. I would add some kind of fuel management even if you didn't change the exhaust. Richening the air/fuel ratio will help it run cooler. I am about to get the Rush slip-ons with the 2.25in baffles, Big Sucker intake (not necessary, but might as well since I'm at it), and a PCIII pre-mapped for this setup. I'd like to hear your opinions on how the Rush sound once you install them.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:18 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get the air breather and have a dyno tune done. It will suprise you. Also I talked to rush and they say unless you do cam change stay with no larger than the 1.75. I gave away my 2.25 for the 1.75 and get lots more torque.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:17 AM
Pvt.Matter
3rd Gear

Just a comment. I had an 06 FLSTCI, put SE slipon mufflers and did a lot of research. General consensus was, if I did not change the intake, I would not need to remap my existing computer OR install a Power Commander III. Being a hard head, I bought a PCIII, flashed it with the latest download for my scoot and couldn't tell a whiff of difference.Now I have an 08 scoot..I have removed the stock baffles and will not change the air intake. I will watch my plugs and exhaust for sign of being too lean and ride on. For what it' worth, I will be selling the PCIII here after I do the necessary number of posts..

Old 03-08-2008, 06:50 AM
RednekF350
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Sarge4life

Your scooter is already running extremely lean with the stock exhaust. I would add some kind of fuel management even if you didn't change the exhaust. Richening the air/fuel ratio will help it run cooler. I am about to get the Rush slip-ons with the 2.25in baffles, Big Sucker intake (not necessary, but might as well since I'm at it), and a PCIII pre-mapped for this setup. I'd like to hear your opinions on how the Rush sound once you install them.
Iunderstand that richening the mixwill help it run cooler.
I have only ridden in 40 and 50 degree outside temps so far (got the bike in December), soI haven't experienced any heat issues.
I eventually will upgrade the intake and then I know I will be looking at the Power Commander at that point.
I see them on Morepoweracing for $290.00, which seems like a good price.
Is there any toying around with the existing ECU that a dealer service techcan do without installing a Power Commander?
thanks for the help.
Scott

Old 03-08-2008, 12:26 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pvt.Matter

Just a comment. I had an 06 FLSTCI, put SE slipon mufflers and did a lot of research. General consensus was, if I did not change the intake, I would not need to remap my existing computer OR install a Power Commander III. Being a hard head, I bought a PCIII, flashed it with the latest download for my scoot and couldn't tell a whiff of difference.Now I have an 08 scoot..I have removed the stock baffles and will not change the air intake. I will watch my plugs and exhaust for sign of being too lean and ride on. For what it' worth, I will be selling the PCIII here after I do the necessary number of posts..
Are you saying there was no perceptable performance increase after installing the PC III ?

Old 03-08-2008, 01:08 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

ORIGINAL: RednekF350

ORIGINAL: Sarge4life

Iunderstand that richening the mixwill help it run cooler.
I have only ridden in 40 and 50 degree outside temps so far (got the bike in December), soI haven't experienced any heat issues.
I eventually will upgrade the intake and then I know I will be looking at the Power Commander at that point.
I see them on Morepoweracing for $290.00, which seems like a good price.
Is there any toying around with the existing ECU that a dealer service techcan do without installing a Power Commander?
thanks for the help.
Scott
Check with Fuelmoto before you buy.
Nice people and they will install the map for you.
MikeM