Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe seat mod question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 12:06 AM
chromedome
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deluxe seat mod question

My complaint with the stock seat is much the same as others....uncomfortable, doesn't put you far enough back. I know that there are a few folks here who have used the springer rail (52687-97)and low back pad ( 52826-97) on their stock Deluxe seat andhave had their seat modified at the same time. (I'll go with MCC) . I wasthinking of having 2 " shaved from the lumbar area and dropping the seat height1". (Stock seat height is OK I guess but I like to sit in the bike and I'm 5'9) Anyway I'm thinking that this should deepen thebucket and provide more lumbar support. But I'm wondering if it would also put the springer pad in line with my back so that ideally I don't have to lean to far back to benifit from it. Any experiences with this are appreciated.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:11 AM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Deluxe seat mod question

ORIGINAL: chromedome

My complaint with the stock seat is much the same as others....uncomfortable, doesn't put you far enough back. I know that there are a few folks here who have used the springer rail (52687-97)and low back pad ( 52826-97) on their stock Deluxe seat andhave had their seat modified at the same time. (I'll go with MCC) . I wasthinking of having 2 " shaved from the lumbar area and dropping the seat height1". (Stock seat height is OK I guess but I like to sit in the bike and I'm 5'9) Anyway I'm thinking that this should deepen thebucket and provide more lumbar support. But I'm wondering if it would also put the springer pad in line with my back so that ideally I don't have to lean to far back to benifit from it. Any experiences with this are appreciated.
I heard a lot of guys using a heritage seat instead.

I went with a softail badlander myself though.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:37 PM
cjgrog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chromedome-

I did the springer seat rail and back rest combo to my Deluxe. I also sent it out to www.americanasoftseats.com They took out a piece of the foam, and installed a gelpad in its place, then covered it with memory foam. Between the back rest and the gelpad/foam, it's a really comfortable seat. Have done some pretty long rides with no pain in the butt problems. I'm 5'10" and it seemed to make me fit a little bit better on the bike. Hope this helps.

CJ

Old 03-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I moved myself way back and a little down. It was great.
Then I bought the springer rail and it pushed me forward some.
Not so great, but I got used to it.

I'm hoping to take the pad to my guy that did my seat and get it cut in half.

I hear MCC does a great job, but for me I want to test fit it. It took a few trys before I was happy. Was easy when I just tried it right at the shop.
No memory foam for me though, just shaving the original down and back. Cost was about $120. I have 30" inseam @ 6'2" for comparison sake.