Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who got the Best Deal, on a new Bike???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 05:49 PM
6165hd
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who got the Best Deal, on a new Bike???

Well, I really wanted the cross bones, and its mine, And "Lucky". They went faster than they could order them......not ready for a week or so, NO PICS YET.

But my dealer didn't cut me any breaks on trade in , or bla, bla ,,,,, got the usual 15% off accessories, first 1,000 mile and 2500 mile check, Paid sticker, price. No labor break,
"no that a boy??"

I didnt expect a deal on the bike being its an 08, Thatscool, and didnt expect anything on that......But being a good customer, and purchasing the second time, well..... Notta....

Maybe Im missing something or times are going to be tough this year for some HD dealers??

I could have gone to any dealer, but trying to be a loyal customer...... Not even a free cup of chili on Saturday,,, man! oh, Man!!!! Tough love.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:35 PM
cjgrog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Who got the Best Deal, on a new Bike???

I think if you paid sticker on a Cross Bones you got a great deal!!! Even the large dealers aren't getting very many of them, and they're in the store for no more than a day or two. Plus, getting the first two maintenance checks for free, I think you done good! If it were another bike, I think you'd have a right to be bummed. CONGRATS on the new & very cool bike!

CJ

Old 03-09-2008, 08:16 PM
ecoli
Cruiser

I was given $500 bucks off of sticker for my '07 FXST but then I spent about $3000 in accessories with 15% off. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:16 AM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think you did good on that deal.

These guys are in business to make money and keep the store open so you can come in there and buy stuff. Making a deal that is equally attractive for both buyer and seller is difficult. Just ask my ex-wife. Everything is a compromise. Let's not beat up the dealerships too much. They get a bad rap for wanting you to pay full price but it's ok for you to expect special treatment/discounts. Just saying that the door swings both ways. Something to ponder before the "dealership is really a stealership" replies start coming in.

Oh, for what its worth, my local dealer has:
2 Cross Bones
2 Rockers (black)
1 07 FXSTSI

I think the Springer and one of the Bones just came in this week but the others have been around for at a bit. The other Bones they have is from that initital shipment that went out after the dealer show. These guys aren't marking up and they do their best to make the deal right for you. Must just be the area of the country.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:22 AM
emsley3
Advanced

I purchasedmy Rocker C two weeks ago. The dealer I purchased from in Rocky Mount, NC was having a tent event where all 08's (including Rockers and Crossbones) purchased by the end of February received a $1,000 in store credit, free shipping on the bike, and first service free. In m opinion, not much to negotiate on when they are bascially giving you $1,500.

This was my first experience with this dealer and overall I was extremely satisfied. They appear to be in the business to not only sell bikes, parts, and merchandise, but also to make you feel part of their family. Every Saturday they have a free lunch from noon till gone and all of their marketing material mentions hanging out on their porch on their new rocking chairs.

I think dealers are going to have to get creative if the economy doesn't turn around soon and strict MSRP dealers no willing to change their policies may feel some ill effects.

Just my $.02.

Paul

Old 03-10-2008, 07:51 AM
jackfiss
6th Gear

I paid sticker and took a spankin on the tradeand they gave me 15% off accessories. Nothing else. They even had the ***** to charge me 13 dollars to put the inspection sticker on a plate and bolt it to the passenger pegs. Didn't mind paying for the plate but come on... 13 bucks labor to bolt it on. Oh well,I guess it is what it is. You'll love the ballance of the crossbones. Just buy some touch-up for your floor boards. Not much clearance!!

Old 03-10-2008, 08:11 AM
JimiB
Advanced

They can mark down off of MSRP. Where they make their money is on service,parts and labor, same as any other dealership.