Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She's slammed Progressive installed

Old 03-10-2008, 12:11 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts
Default She's slammed Progressive installed

Got my progressive suspension installed last night, slammed it 2 inches, think I might raise it up about a 1/2 inch though, I'm worried about my pipes bottomin out!

Old 03-10-2008, 12:18 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: She's slammed Progressive installed

Naaaahhh, get different pipes IMHO, Trains MUST be slammed!

Looks nice.

Mimo.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:18 PM
The Baron
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good. The pipes do look a little close. I'd just leave it and let them clearance themselves.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:35 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: The Baron

Looks good. The pipes do look a little close. I'd just leave it and let them clearance themselves.
lol, yeah I thought about that too!

Old 03-10-2008, 12:38 PM
I CUT 1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about tha ride, that's the info a few of us are waiting on. Is adjusting the hight easy?

Old 03-10-2008, 12:45 PM
chop09
Tourer

Looks great.....thinking of the same thing for my Fatty. I love the look worried about the performance? How does it feel to you? Those the 442's.? Have you gotten out to ride with the change?

Old 03-10-2008, 12:50 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: I CUT 1

How about tha ride, that's the info a few of us are waiting on. Is adjusting the hight easy?
it's easier than I thought it would be, there are two nuts on each side of the frame. just gotta get her under her and loosen one side and tighten the other. would probly take about 15 minutes from start to finish. I think I'm gonna raise it up another 1/2 inch or so and try that out for a bit.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:15 PM
darkman
Outstanding HDF Member

Looking good! Pipes wont touch and if you want to be sure adjust the preload a bit, anti clockwise to stiffen up!

Old 03-10-2008, 01:23 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: chop09

Looks great.....thinking of the same thing for my Fatty. I love the look worried about the performance? How does it feel to you? Those the 442's.? Have you gotten out to ride with the change?
Thanks dark, dosn't look like a 4x4 anymore lol.

hey chop, have not had a chance to ride on it yet, rain here today, and I just got em on last night arount 11pm. got a deal on the 422's, but I hear the 413's are basically the same if you can find a deal on those...422 is chrome and 413 is gold, but you really can't see either so who cares right?

I heard the performance is the same as stock if you want it to be, I'll find out when this downpour is over in the pacific NW lol

Old 03-10-2008, 01:25 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You will hit those pipes.

I have 2+" lowered in the rear. I have scrape marks on the rear corner of the frame on the left side and on the right side at the bottom of my brake pedal at the hinge point. I have slip-ons so don't hit the mufflers. Granted I ride the **** out of this thing but I've seen local Softies with the same exhaust as you and the stock height with scrape marks on the ends.

As for how it rides....
I used to have mine set at about 1.5-2". It didn't ride any different than the stock height. As far as suspension - stock shocks are stock shocks. Lowering them didn't harden the ride too much. I was using (I think) about 2 turns of preload since I rode 2-up alot.

Once the wife got her Deuce I effectively became a solo rider. So I dropped the rear another inch and took 1 full turn of preload off. Now it's defintely lower. This is where I first started to notice changes to the ride. (When ridden aggressively in tiwisties)...It has a slight "waggle" to the rear end. I'm aware its there and tend to adjust my riding accordingly but it's enough of an issue for me to consider raising it up a little. I'm a believer that form follows function. It doesn't matter how cool it looks slammed if it won't ride right.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: She's slammed Progressive installed