Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Classic Motors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 08:27 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default American Classic Motors?

Great prices from these guys if you ain't in no rush........
Iwon an Ebay auctionand paid for it a week ago.......I've seen no tracking numbers, so I sent a couple of emails and left a couple of messages on their phone since you can't speak with a live person. Wouldn't you know it? My order "got lost in the shuffle", and they'll ship it in 4 or 5 business days....that's yet another week before it even ships.If I hadn't emailed I wonder how long it would have taken? I still wonder how long it will take........
I've also noticed that if you leave even a neutral on their feedback you get a retaliatory negative. I really knew better, but my wallet tricked me into falling for the low price [>:]

For all of those folks who got their stuff from AMCfast, I'm glad for you, but I'm done with 'em. Phat performance is about30 bucks more for the Progressive 422's I'm getting ready to order,but they'll get my business from now on.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:38 PM
cchart
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: American Classic Motors?

I used a "buy it now" from them last year on exhaust parts. While I was happy when I got them, I wasn't thrilled with the customer service either. They definitely have customer service issues - but, the price was right so I was willing to let it go.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:52 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

I've had good luck with em so far, especially when I ordered parts for my 51 panhead. But they are so big I can see why there could be a problem here or there.

hey mo, what kinda bars u got on that scoot? I'm shoppin and tryin to decide between the carlini or the wild one chubby 500

Old 03-12-2008, 09:01 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: imboden

I've had good luck with em so far, especially when I ordered parts for my 51 panhead. But they are so big I can see why there could be a problem here or there.

hey mo, what kinda bars u got on that scoot? I'm shoppin and tryin to decide between the carlini or the wild one chubby 500
They are Carlini 1.5" od clean sweeps

Old 03-12-2008, 09:07 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

they look good on ur bike, is the pullback about the same as stock?

ORIGINAL: mojojones

Old 03-12-2008, 09:13 PM
07NT
Tourer

I bought my 422's fromACM , no problems ...

Old 03-12-2008, 09:13 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

they look good on ur bike, is the pullback about the same as stock?

ORIGINAL: mojojones

9" rise 7.5" pullback

Old 03-12-2008, 09:20 PM
PA Harley
Advanced

Bought my V&H Big Shot Longs and FuelPak from American Classic Motors... no problems here. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 03-13-2008, 01:00 AM
brianp25
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i just went through the same thing, tookalmost 2 weeks to get my 422's and fork lowering kit, i did have to email them first, but they emailed me right back, shipping was slow, but id buy from them agian....

Old 03-13-2008, 01:08 AM
agedwards63
Road Master

I have read bad things about them for years on the XL Forum... won't shop themthe owner will supposedly call you a RUB and wannabe if you complain on the phone and badger till you change negative feedback on Ebay pages and pages on them at the XL Forum

Quick Reply: American Classic Motors?