Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A call to arms!

Old 03-14-2008, 02:18 AM
Leonc69
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A call to arms!

Hey guys and gals,
This is a shameless attempt to get votes for the bike of the month. I am getting killed out there. Come on all softail owners. I am the only softail in the lineup(not counting Grimm's AWESOME trike) and the baggers are once again running away with the show. I am not expecting to win at this point but don't let the only softail come in dead last. I can understand if you don't like the style of bike I built. I was going for the classic 60's and 70's chopper which doesn't seem to be very popular these days. Who knows, if they make Easy Rider II then the look may come back into vogue. I just think that softails have to make some type of showing or else I can imagine the next BOTM will be nothing but Baggers and Dyna Bobbers. There is already some talk saying they should just call it Bagger Of The Month and leave it at that.
So what do you say? Come on softail brothers and sisters let's show the Baggers,Bobbers and others that we are a force to deal with and we will be heard!

Thanks to all who have voted for me already I am deeply honored.
And if you didn't vote for my bike at least you voted. All the bikes are winners IMHO.

Thanks,
Leon. [sm=shades.gif]

Old 03-14-2008, 08:03 AM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: A call to arms!

I voted for ya, I like what you did to your softail.
They are all beautiful motorcycles though.
I just like the old Easy Rider styling...reckon that says something about my age.
Good Luck!

Old 03-14-2008, 08:41 AM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have an awesome bike, leon! it's an honor to be in the running with you! yeah, the anti-softail establishment is running strong, but hey, what can you do...?

peace.....

grimm

Old 03-14-2008, 09:02 AM
jamesf0622
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Generally people that own and ride baggers are older people, right? Then why is it that most of them act like kids? I'm pretty fed up with BOTM.

I'm not talking about all the baggers. There are quite a few stand-up guys (and girls) over there. But I can't stand the comments like "another win for Bagger nation!' or "BAGGERS RULE!" What the **** is this - high school? I don't wanna take away anything from BB's ride because it really has a lot of nice details in it. But IMO compared to Grimm's ride there are very few bikes on this forum that I think could compete. Him AND that bike have been to hell and back. I don't think there is anybody here that can say they have put more into their bike than Grimm has.

I think I'll stick with the Night Train thread. I like it in there.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:27 AM
HDCruizer
Advanced

Got my vote

Old 03-14-2008, 09:28 AM
HDCruizer
Advanced

BTW - How does one get there bike nominated for bike of the month?

Old 03-14-2008, 09:44 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There is just not that many active softail owners on the site. I guess softail owners are out riding and not on the internet as the baggers are. but, then we all know old people.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:23 AM
HDCruizer
Advanced

I must be one of those right in the middle people! - LOL Not old becasue I own a Deuce, but still old enought to own a Decker - LOL

Old 03-14-2008, 10:32 AM
The Baron
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You have a damn nice bike but I voted for Metal Mike's because it's more my style. Sorry.

I guess that makes me a traitor or something but who cares what model the bike is, vote for what you like. Unfortunately the representative bike from the bagger group could be a bone stock Ultra and they'd still vote for it.

Whatever. Maybe we should have a Softie O' The Month, Dyna O' The Month, etc.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:37 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jamesf0622

Generally people that own and ride baggers are older people, right? Then why is it that most of them act like kids? I'm pretty fed up with BOTM.

I'm not talking about all the baggers. There are quite a few stand-up guys (and girls) over there. But I can't stand the comments like "another win for Bagger nation!' or "BAGGERS RULE!" What the **** is this - high school? I don't wanna take away anything from BB's ride because it really has a lot of nice details in it. But IMO compared to Grimm's ride there are very few bikes on this forum that I think could compete. Him AND that bike have been to hell and back. I don't think there is anybody here that can say they have put more into their bike than Grimm has.

I think I'll stick with the Night Train thread. I like it in there.

Insult : I have bags : So you think just old farts have Baggers.... I get sick of the stupid remaks from kids .... etc . Internal fudes. etc. Just ride and chill man . Live and let live. Nuff said . BOTM is really a waste of time anyways . No need to rag on baggers dude. There are some damn nice baggers here... [:@]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A call to arms!