Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torn between X Bones or Fat Bob

Old 03-15-2008, 10:04 AM
whylee
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 244 Posts
Default Torn between X Bones or Fat Bob

I was all set to pull the trigger on a Fat Bob then along comes the X Bones. Now im really hung up on both. Damn them for confusing me.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:08 AM
eagle56
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Torn between X Bones or Fat Bob

fat bob agressive looks more like a street bike than a cruiser and what all harleys should have twin stoppers.

mine you xbones also looks the dogs.

you have a hard choice there pale

Old 03-15-2008, 10:13 AM
The Baron
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be as honest as I can be; the Fat Bob is a terrible looking motorcycle IMHO. It's got no flow whatsoever and if they covered the fact that there was a twin Cam motor sitting in there I think most folks would never have any idea that it is a Harley.

The Cross Bones is a very cool scooter save for a few issues with me:
1. The rear fender disrupts the smoothness of the bike. It's too long and too large. Bikes with a spring seat should havea bobber type fender IMHO. The fender should be swingarm mounted and hug the tire closely.

2. The 16" front wheel in combination with the 17" rear looks stupid. A 19" would look 100% better, again, in my opinion.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:20 PM
BTL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah its a hard choice, I was eyeballing the fat bob too, but after sittin on both bikes the cross bones won hands down for me atleast. Both great looking bikes, take them both for a ride and see what you like better, buts its gonna to be hard to beat the cross bones ride with the extra springs on the seat.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:24 PM
BigMike17
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I like them both for different reasons...but...would have to go with the springer FE on the xbones.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:54 PM
kizzzottt
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fat bob is ugly...I mean way ugly. I'm sure some like it, but imo it is butt ugly. The cross bones definately has a nice oldschool look (which seems to be the trend nowadays and will be more likely to hold its resale value better).

Also, when it comes to resale values, Softails have traditionally held their values better than Dynas.

I would be willing to bet if you were to give one of the two bikes away freeto a group of people (but they had to choose one or the other), 80% wouldtake crossbones over the fat bob.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:56 AM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 492 Likes on 343 Posts

The FatBob looks MEAN !! Prob the stoutest lookin scoot !! Jury is still out on the twin headlights. It's gotta just handle awesome (and stop too)

As previously stated, the X-bones fender doesn't flow. It does need a bobber or a long sweeper, either one hugging the tire.
But not the fat duck's a@@ fender.
After looking at it for awhile, the ol' John Deere tractor seat kind of grew on me. Nice concept overall . . . but . . .

FATBOB FATBOB FATBOB !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 01:08 AM
rovescioinback
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont like the fat bob at all
I would consider the X Bones but also this bike needs a lot of chenge (first of all rear fender and lowering).
Wait a while maybe they wiil put somethig better on the market or get something more classic
and froget about the 2 new bikes.
Have fun and ride safe
Rovescioinback

Old 03-17-2008, 05:05 AM
benman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same delima I faced, I went with the x-bones and love it, but still like the fat bob and it's 3000 less $$$.
Good luck and either way get ta ridin.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:24 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,206 Likes on 460 Posts

ORIGINAL: The Baron

I'll be as honest as I can be; the Fat Bob is a terrible looking motorcycle IMHO. It's got no flow whatsoever and if they covered the fact that there was a twin Cam motor sitting in there I think most folks would never have any idea that it is a Harley.

The Cross Bones is a very cool scooter save for a few issues with me:
1. The rear fender disrupts the smoothness of the bike. It's too long and too large. Bikes with a spring seat should havea bobber type fender IMHO. The fender should be swingarm mounted and hug the tire closely.

2. The 16" front wheel in combination with the 17" rear looks stupid. A 19" would look 100% better, again, in my opinion.
Bones' rear fender is a "bobber type" fender. It's one of the two ways rear fenders were modded "in the beginning" - either the hinge section of the stock fender was dumped, or the front fender was taken off, flipped, and installed on the rear. The latter is the Bones' fender.

I'll go with the fender mounted to the swingarm as long as they don't make it look like the abortion known as the Rocker! Here's one I've always liked:

I don't care for 17" tires at all. Gimmee two 16", and while you're at it, go back to the universal hubs that could be used front or rear.

[IMG]local://upfiles/670/9B4CD2E339CC4E4A82D23C13DFCA28BC.jpg[/IMG]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Torn between X Bones or Fat Bob