Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & Hines Big Radius on Rocker: Problem SOLVED! (pics - 56k warning)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Rocketman69
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Vance & Hines Big Radius on Rocker: Problem SOLVED! (pics - 56k warning)

Anyone who owns a Rocker and has thought of installing a set of Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes (or any V&H pipes for that matter), has come to the realization, that they don't fit. Plain and simple, these pipes do not fit the rocker. Nothing aftermarket really does fit this bike...get used to it.

But I love the look and sound of these pipes and had to have them as soon as I bought my scoot....so like some others, I bought them before doing the research.

Vance & Hines says they're working on a new set of pipes, and it's anyone's guess as to how long it will be before they get them to market. They also know some people have mounted the pipes anyway, and they claim they won't honor warranty claims on any pipes that have been installed on a Rocker. While this may turn off some people....the thought of a warranty claim on these pipes seems unlikely to me anyway. What's the worst that could happen? (no - I don't really need you to answer that).

Some people take their bike to the dealer's service department for everything, including the installation of aftermarket accesories. While that is not for me, I do respect that decision. Some people may not feel they have the mechanical aptitude necessary to do the work themselves, may not want to deal with the hassle, have no time to do their own work, or just trust their service techs to do the job right so they don't have to. If this is you, that's great, and you'll have no use for this post. But to anyone else out there, who either owns these pipes and a Rocker, or want the pipes bad enough they can't wait for V&H to come out with their new (surely more expensive) solution, I offer the following:

I built a new bracket to properly install these pipes on an FXCW or FXCWC. The end result was a set of pipes that look like they belong on the bike, and align properly. Now, the work wasn't easy, and it took some trial and error, but we finally got it to work. The pictures below are of the prototype part, which works great, but the final design will be one piece, with no spacers as I can't leave well enough alone. Now, I have no interest in going into business building Harley parts, but I am willing to help others who are in the same boat as me, get this issue resolved. Check out the pics, and if you're interested in a bracket for your bike, let me know.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:31 PM
jefnightrain
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vance & Hines Big Radius on Rocker: Problem SOLVED! (pics - 56k warning)

Vance&Hines better get to work on fitment because those pipes look great on your rocker.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:31 PM
cappy
Intermediate
Default RE: Vance & Hines Big Radius on Rocker: Problem SOLVED! (pics - 56k warning)

Man those pipes look great on that bike. Great job

Old 03-15-2008, 04:59 PM
REBELWEST
Advanced

Wow looks awesome! I thought I had made my mind upon bid radius 2 into 1, but I just don't know now!!!

Old 03-15-2008, 06:21 PM
airheads
Former Sponsor

Hey Rocketman69 -

Nice job!! Any idea on the cost of the bracket? I may be interested, my Rocker comes in this week.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Harley Bass
Cruiser

Rocketman69, great job. I'm waiting for my Rocker C. Should be here in a few weeks. Nice to see those pipes on the bike. They are exactly what I want on my bike. So if I'm getting all this right the mounting bracket is what the problem is? There is no issue with the Oil Tank or anything else?
Thanks.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:14 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice

Did you see the same pipes in black with chrome inner tips...
I am thinking about them...

Old 03-15-2008, 11:08 PM
deadduck357
Tourer

I was also thinking 2 into 1 but that really looks goood.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:37 AM
Vikingnomad
Road Captain

The V and H BR look sweet on your ride, the only other thing I would add is an axel nut cover if available, to complete the look...just my opinion.

Da Bone

Old 03-16-2008, 08:39 AM
serge627
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those pipes look great on the Rocker, nice work.

Quick Reply: Vance & Hines Big Radius on Rocker: Problem SOLVED! (pics - 56k warning)