Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar Risers on a FatBoy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Bigbender
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Handlebar Risers on a FatBoy?

HD4ME or Leprechaun,
How do they look on the bike ? Would you guys mind posting some pics ? I never saw this HD riser before and I like the style a lot better than Kuryakyn's.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Leprechaun
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As you can see, I haven't quite figured out the pix thing yet.....I'll take some photos this afternoon and try to get them on here.

Old 02-07-2006, 11:32 AM
haksaw
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try some softail deluxe risers. they're really nice and available on ebay frequently. Keep in mind that you buy the deluxe risers and top clamp because a fatboy clamp won't fit on there.

This may be a good thread to check.....

Does anyone have some stock fatboy risers they'd like to part with? I'd like to try them on my bike.

thanks

Old 02-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Leprechaun
Novice

By George...I think he's got it......Here's the '02 Fat Boy with the HD pullback risers.

Old 02-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Bigbender
Road Captain

Those risers look good! They remind me of drag bars but they have some drop at the ends like apes. I'll bet they do feel a lot more comfortable. Thanks for the pics.

Old 02-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Dr. Fatboy
Advanced

The risers sure do look like they would be more comfortable. I've also been looking at some narrow beach bar handlebars which are factory drilled to allow internal wiring. Would the risers screw up the ability to use internal wiring?

Old 02-09-2006, 08:57 AM
Leprechaun
Novice

I can't see where it would make a difference in using the internal wiring except for the wiring that would show coming out of the bars and down the riser. The pullback riser attaches to the bar at the same spot the stock riser attaches

Old 02-09-2006, 09:11 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like I just found my next purchase. Been kicking around the idea but wanted to see what it looked like. SOLD !!!! Thanks

Old 02-09-2006, 05:48 PM
100yrfatboy
Road Captain

The risers are great as stated in my earlier post. I do have 2.5 inch risers now with internal wires. You can see a few inches of the black casing on the wires. It does not look bad at all. My risers were cheap off ebay. I was able to still use my handlebar clamp. There were holes in the bottom of the risers where the bolt could come through. I used the exact length bolt and was able to install a chrome accorn not on the bottom. It looks like it belongs there. Hope this helps. Gene

Old 02-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Bigbender
Road Captain

I like the look of the Harley risers but it seems like there are some issues when you use risers instead of a higher set of bars. I'm sure everybody here has seen notes in the Harley accessory pages saying "Does not work with..." and I'm wondering how many things risers keep you from adding later on. It may not be true but I read somewhere that a headlight nacelle won't work with risers, wires are more exposed etc... If risers keep me from adding other accessories later on, I'd like to know about that now.

Does anyone know if you get the same "feel" from another bike's handlebars like a Wide Glide or Street Bob? I haven't sat on a Dyna for a while but they felt pretty good and in pictures, they look like they give you same position as the Fatboy bars with risers. Doing it this way may be about the same cost too ??

Quick Reply: Handlebar Risers on a FatBoy?