Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What signal relocation kit do I need with hard bags?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 06:55 PM
bbodine
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What signal relocation kit do I need with hard bags?

Hi all, new to the forums, I just picked up an 08 Night Train a few months ago. I had a 2003 sporty and loved it, I just want to do the longer trips in a bit more comfort.

I have the detachable sissy bar on it and should be receiving my color matched hard bags sometime this week. My question is what relocation kit do I need on the bike. I have the one for the sissy bar, but it looks like I cant have them in that location with the hard bags. I dont see any relocation kits on HD.com. Some of the pictures look like they might be able to mount to the back of the hard bags, but it is a bit unclear. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also one more question. I have the docking hardware for the detachable sissy bar, can I get docking hardware that will accomodate both the bags and the sissy bar or do the bags need to be permanently mounted? Thanks in advance!!

Old 03-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: What signal relocation kit do I need with hard bags?

The HD hard bags come with a relocation bracket for the turn signals.

Yes youcan have a detachable sissy bar/backrest with the HD hard saddlebags, but the hard bags will be permanately mounted.

I don't have good pictures but here's what I have:

Old 03-24-2008, 07:59 AM
bbodine
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What signal relocation kit do I need with hard bags?

Thanks, that is exactly the kind of picture I was looking for. I was able to find lots of pics of the sides, but nothing that showed how everything mounted up.Do you know the part number for themounting hardwareyou gotfor the detachable accesories to allow the bags to bolt to the end of it? I am buying the bags off of ebay and they are only coming with the bags and brackets, I will have to get the rest my self.