Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over by a Cop.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:16 PM
moggsy
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pulled over by a Cop.......

Well over the Easter weekend i caught up with a few mates on the Thursday night and riding home at about 10.30pm got pulled over by a random breath testing unit (RBT) here in Sydney,Australia.Had not had a drink so thought nothing of it.First thing the cop said was, "pipes are a bit loud". I am running v&h softail duals with quiet baffles.Then he sarcastically tells me it is a $1000 fine and he asks me if i have had the pipes tested and he will call the EPA to find out (which he didnt).To go to the EPA i would have to put the stock pipes back on,get it tested then put the v&h back on (all at my expense of course) as there is no way i will ride around permanently with the stockies on.

Then as i am talking to him he walks off without a word and breath tests the car behind me.I politely say can i go and he ums and arrrs and looks over my bike again.Then he just walks off and i leave.Now the last thing i want is to ride around wondering if i am going to be pulled over and hasseled by the wrong cop.I have not had any infringements or speeding tickets in at least 10yrs and i think i do the right thing on the road but stuff like this really irks me.To the point where you think its not worth it and just sell the thing and buy a bmw r1200gs (love this bike) and leave it stock.

I love my ride but couldnt be bothered with this sort of crap.I know it doesnt happen every day but still.I am seriously contemplating flipping the hog and just getting the beemer.I know i will regret it but dont want the hassel.

Thoughts ??

Old 03-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Pooh AKA Bear
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pulled over by a Cop.......

I think the LEO has got a bad case of 'Harley Envy' Same thing happened to me, except he said he rides a real bike, and I said oh, an Ultra Classic? NO, he says,,,,,,Honda!!!!! I did not make any comments on his choice of scoot!!! I did not get any tickets either, but he sure wanted to look mine over and talk about it!!!! Wouldn't trade mine, aint' no way, no how!!! Ride on!![sm=biker2.gif]

Old 03-24-2008, 07:04 PM
WaterHog
Road Captain

Harley envey? I think he may small pipe syndrom.

I wouldnt worry about it, If the EPA truely care, they should approve all pipes prior to retail, but that would only force the pipe companys to ensure EPA compliance, causing the companys to pass the compliance cost to the end users, but its better then dealing with LEO @ 10;30 with possible 1k fine.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, looking at your sig picture I say you should sell it and go buy a BMW.

Don't let one stop make you go overboard. He is just doing his job and sometimes they need to rattle a few once in a while...

Mike
NY

Old 03-24-2008, 07:23 PM
boone432
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no way!!!! dont sell your bike!!! that thing is sweet man!

Old 03-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Deluxechuck
Tourer

Well its good to know that there are A-hole cops in other countries.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:37 PM
DrunkinFugger
Intermediate

You should have tazed him, then kicked him in the nuts.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:51 PM
waygen
Novice

Just to repeat --- there are power hungry ******* cops in every country

Old 03-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Five0
Advanced

Moggsy I couldn't agree more. I think you should give up the Hog and go get that Beemer that you've always really wanted but were afraid to make the move on.
In fact, I feel so bad for you that I will go grab a ticket ASAP over to your side of the world and take that god forsaken monster off your hands. I have a place for it here that will insure that you never have to suffer the wrath of it again. Hell I'll even go with you to the BMW dealer just so you won't have any second thoughts.
How's a week from tomorrow sound? I'll bring the bubble wrap. [sm=trust_me.gif]

Old 03-24-2008, 09:26 PM
moggsy
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ah funny guy.It would be devastating to sell the hog even though FiveO has been kind enough to take it off my hands.Its just so bloody frustrating.

Heard of the local EPA setting up a road blitz where they pull over every bike and the EPA have there little decibel meter and if you are over you are stuffed.However ,on one particular Sunday a whole heap of bikes got pinned,and they all challenged the fines and got away with it due to external noise factors etc not giving true readings.

O well better start looking for that Beemer.

Quick Reply: Pulled over by a Cop.......