Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

National Cycle's 2up Switchblade on a Deluxe?

Old 02-02-2006, 12:49 PM
hddeluxe
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default National Cycle's 2up Switchblade on a Deluxe?

I did not wanted to hijack Master Seargant Morris post but have a similay problem. We don't like the original deluxe shield. He likes a smaller one but I'd like a more classic Cop style.
Anybody riding with NC's Swichblade 2up?

Old 02-03-2006, 11:00 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts
Default RE: National Cycle's 2up Switchblade on a Deluxe?

Looks like both of us would like some input

I actually had the HD put on the short tinted version of the Deluxe windshield and it wasn't bad looking. I just wish it were a little darker. I can fix that though

Good luck with finding something you like...

Old 02-04-2006, 07:14 AM
hddeluxe
Road Captain

You're a lucky guy that got your ride. Mine is due sometime late Feb or early March. I ordered in Oct 05. Have ordered Samson's True Crossover Fishtails and race tuner w better breating. It's my first Harley as well. Been riding Hondas for almost 30 y'rs! But always dreamt of a HD. Exciting to see if it will be a dream come true... or a, night mare!

Old 02-04-2006, 01:40 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,211 Likes on 461 Posts

I don't know about the 2-up, but I think National Cycle has the best windshields, bar none. I've got a Memphis Fats I use in the winter, and it isn't as well designed or built as the National Cycle I last had. The Fats will be going onto THE MAMA's Savage, and the National Switchblade will be going on mine before next winter.

Old 02-05-2006, 09:57 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

It has truly been a dream for me. I love this bike and wouldn't go back to a GSXR for nothing. The looks I get at the lights and the people who just smile at me feels good. Plus being a young black guy gets me a lot of attention when I'm riding. There are more and more black guys riding HD but not a lot in comparison....but I have had a blast meeting people at HD, riding with my neighbors, going to some of the bars with my buddies, and ocassionally hanging out with my crotch rocket buddies. I have the only HOG sitting out there when I stop to see them---but they're still my friends and they laugh their a@@ off when I pull up. They can't believe I switched over; but I see it in their eyes----ENVY!!

But the best part about it is the class of people I've met. Business owners, people who have connections, and with 5 years left in the military---these are the people I need to meet. Many of them have good jobs and insight into the civilian sector. Have fun waiting for your bike......I waited a year in Iraq for mine

Old 02-05-2006, 10:34 AM
hddeluxe
Road Captain

Thank's PocoCJ, Memphis was my other choice. I'll go for the NC most likely. Better wait for the ride so I can measure the height of the sightline first...
Morris, Glad your'e home from Iraq and hope that your next five years doesn't involves another trip there!
Hopefully more people get their bearings straightened out so that no more war is needed...
We had our last in the 15:th century.

Make Rides not Wars