Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Longshots or Big Shots Long

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default V&H Longshots or Big Shots Long

Anyone here with a Softail Custom or Standard runnin' a set of V&H Longshots? If so, is your bike by chance lowered also? I really like the look of them, but I was wonderin' if I would drag around turns with them. I'm also curious about the Big Shots Long. If you have somethin' similar in style, let me know about them too. Can anyone help me out?

Old 03-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: V&H Longshots or Big Shots Long

L2R are you sure you don't want to consider the BSS's
Marsh
PS: Personally I like your 2-1

Old 03-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: Marsh

L2R are you sure you don't want to consider the BSS's
Marsh
PS: Personally I like your 2-1
I had the BSS on my Deuce. They were nice. I've just always liked the look of the longer pipes.

I like the 2-into-1 I have now also, but I just don't quite think they're loud enough. They're loud enough for me, but aparently not loud enough for the others on the road to hear me. I was cut off on the interstate by a lady in a mini van. That's what made me start thinkin' about louder pipes. Not too long ago, I was right next to another lady in a mini van (I could look through her passenger window and see her), and started to change lanes on me, causing me to run off the road. She never looked once. I figure if my pipes were louder, I wouldn't have that problem. I never had that problem on the Deuce with the BSS, though. I rarely had anyone cut me off. When I got the Custom, I had to ride with stock pipes for a while and I was always gettin' cut off. It doesn't happen quite as much anymore, but it does still happen. Unlike some others, I am a firm believer in loud pipes save lives. I've experienced it.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:19 PM
sethhobrin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Double check on this but I think the big shot longs have a power chamber that gives you the benefits of a 2 into 1 exhaust but maintaining the look of 2 into 2. The long shots do not have this powerchamber. Please verify this info as I am not 100% certain.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not familiar with 2-1's, but don't they have a baffle you could pull out? I like loud as well, but had to put my baffles back in when I put the S&S cams in because it was so much louder it hurt my ears when I jumped on the gas.
Marsh

Old 03-27-2008, 04:45 PM
gkuypers
Novice

I love the sound a throttle response from my Big Shot Longs. I don't know for sure, but looking at the diameter of your 2-1, I would think you would be OK as far as dragging them on the ground around corners, after all you not riding a Buell.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a deluxe with BSL's. They drag all the time. Not horribly, but the lower tip does grind down. Pair of tip's is $70.
I have replaced 1 so far in 2 years.

Deluxe is factory lowered.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

I have a deluxe with BSL's. They drag all the time. Not horribly, but the lower tip does grind down. Pair of tip's is $70.
I have replaced 1 so far in 2 years.

Deluxe is factory lowered.

How much is your bike lowered? Also, what's your weight, if you don't mind me askin'? I'm weighin' in at 165 lbs and my bike is lowered 1.5". Just wonderin' if size would have any effect.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know how much from the factory. I would guess 1"...
I weigh alot more than you 320!

Old 03-28-2008, 03:21 AM
Boot
Advanced

I feel the longs look much better than the staggered. I have a love for loud pipes and trust me the longs will cheer you up. I have thought of trying baffles but reckon if I'm concerned about reverberance I can and havefitted sponge ear plugs for less than a buck. (Just need a big hammer to put them in!)
I ride a heritage so I cant help you with the scrape, guess you got to check with V&H or Eastern Performance Motorcycles
(see HDF advertisement) I got mine out of the latter and most impressed with the deal and service. They'd know for sure. Do it, she'll be right mate!

Quick Reply: V&H Longshots or Big Shots Long