Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tire waranty from hd

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:53 PM
ardbark
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire waranty from hd

had bike for three weeks new 2008 fat boy and tire egged in the center all the way around
brought it to hd and they said we dont warnt tires you if got somthing in it
well they took the tire off and found nothing then wanted half the price of the tire
but would still charge me 70.00 for mounting
after i threw a fit for about a hour walked out paying for nothing [:@]

Old 03-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Sarge4life
Road Captain
Default RE: tire waranty from hd

Throwing a fit has been my solution quite a few times when dealing with the stealer. They don't like to hear you talk about their crappy customer service when their sales staff is trying to get their grubby little hands around the next victim's greenbacks.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:05 PM
2deuce
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had 2100 miles on my '07 when, on a trip, noticed a bubble in the sidewall of the front tire. Found the closest dealer on the GPS, called and they had a tire. Took them 20 minutes to change it out. We bumped heads when they wanted to charge for labor, saying that's what it said in the book. I paid it and when I got home, called customer service and within 30 minutes it was settled and the dealer sent me a check. The office girl was looking under extended warranty in the book instead of new bike warranty and that's where the mistake was.

You may want to call customer service so they can straighten out the dealer on how it's supposed to go.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Yeah, after only three weeks there shouldn't have been any question as to HD replacing it. It is a Dunlop warranty issue butthe dealerneeds to use a little common sense too.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:45 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine had a problem at 14000 miles due to a bad wheel bearing. The bearing was replaced under warranty but the tire was not. they said i got all my use out of it.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:13 AM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

I had a tire warrenty through the dealre I bought from. Seems like a good one cmpared to the Hd warrenty. As long as the tire has 2/32 or more tread left, the tire gets replaced for any reason. Nails, gashes bubbles anything.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:08 AM
Lipper
Cruiser

If you do the Tire Warranty "math", you'll find that this offer is a complete rip-off.....I think they offered it to me for $349;

.."see this rim over here, someone ran over a 2x4 and bent it all to hell...do you want to pay to replace this and a tire?" as he's pulling up list prices on new product on the computer screen in front of me, with his buddy hovering over me and another one standing in the door symbolically blocking my escape.

1. Considering the damage to the rim I realized that likely the rest of the bike and quite possibly the driver were injured as well. General insurance coverage would kick in at this point.

2. The warranty wont cover aftermarket tires or rims...only HD products. So if you have Hogpro or PM rims...your out of luck..

3. Now consider that unless you're paying for the bike completely cash down...it's $349....Check out ebay....how much is a softail tire and rim...you can get at least 2-3 for that price...What are the odds you'll need to replace that many tires?...Now what if you're financing that $349 over a few years...you also are paying interest on that money...

4. like what was mentioned before, every tire company warranties it's products for a limited time, so you get at least one years' protection right off the bat......then how many people upgrade rims/tires after a year or two to Metzler...there is another year warranty......now how many people sell there bike after a few years.......so who needs the warranty for a bike you're not keeping anyway?

Essentially, the HD tire warranty is a seller's agent "scam" just as that "under the car corrosion protection" is....sorry to any of you that bought that as well....

It takes a very...very disciplined buyer to ignore all those sales pitches when buying a bike and staying focused on the product at hand....

That's my two cents.....