Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

selling ultra and buying FL springer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:05 PM
rocksandgiz
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default selling ultra and buying FL springer?

I think I'm gonna sell my 08 ultra and buy a FL springer. I really like the big chrome springer front end of the heritage springer. But I wonder how do the springers ride and drive. I'm 52 and have developed some back and hip problems but I really likeputting a few hundredmiles on in a day the bike when I can and don't want just a bar hopper/ looker. I want one to ride.I fiqured you guys could give me the real scoop an the FL springers. All opinions are appreciated. Thanks, Rick

Old 03-28-2008, 12:38 AM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 492 Likes on 343 Posts
Default RE: selling ultra and buying FL springer?

You ARE kidding . . . . . . . . Right ?

Old 03-28-2008, 05:46 AM
bgismo20
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love mine! I barhop & tour w/ it, done several 400+mi days, no ill affects, it took about 1K for me to break the springer in, now its the best handlin bike ive ever ridden. Here are some pics, barhopper mode and all loaded for a 2500mi trip.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:29 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

This is the third thread in just the last week with the same question...Scroll through the softail for all your answers...I would never buy anything other than a springer.

Stripped down...Not a barhopper, that's my other one.

And you can always use a couple of your Ultra pieces for more space.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:00 AM
bgismo20
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: hspring03

This is the third thread in just the last week with the same question...Scroll through the softail for all your answers...I would never buy anything other than a springer.

Stripped down...Not a barhopper, that's my other one.

And you can always use a couple of your Ultra pieces for more space.

Lotta fringe on there lol

Old 03-28-2008, 08:18 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member

I've added more since that picture...New bags, longer fringe and added fringe to the tour pak.... You should try it.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:22 AM
bgismo20
Road Warrior

I've added more since that picture...New bags, longer fringe and added fringe to the tour pak.... You should try it.
NO SIR! Im good!

We give each other chit, but I defintely respect you & your bike, its AWESOME! Especially that 02, can twait for that to be done, there is nothing like a springer.. BTW got that motherwells rack yesterday, it looks great, Pics soon!

Old 03-28-2008, 08:28 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bgismo20

NO SIR! Im good!

We give each other chit, but I defintely respect you & your bike, its AWESOME! Especially that 02, can twait for that to be done, there is nothing like a springer.. BTW got that motherwells rack yesterday, it looks great, Pics soon!
Ditto.

02 is almost road ready...Some last minute tightening and tweeking and I'm hoping to get her started on Sunday... It is off the jack. New thread and pics to follow....It will be good to get it out of the shed and into the "light" soI can stare at it and figure out what I missed.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:35 AM
bgismo20
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: bgismo20

NO SIR! Im good!

Ditto.

02 is almost road ready...Some last minute tightening and tweeking and I'm hoping to get her started on Sunday... It is off the jack. New thread and pics to follow....It will be good to get it out of the shed and into the "light" soI can stare at it and figure out what I missed.
As you are well aware, when you start staring you start spending lol, other than powder coating, my bike is "Done for now" Thats what i always say though lol

Old 03-28-2008, 12:40 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Springers are the bomb, specially like the 08 CVO models cause of forward controls... but the FLs are sweet as well

If I didn't have my fatboy, I'd be riding a springer

Quick Reply: selling ultra and buying FL springer?