Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aftermarket exhaust for rocker c

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 06:25 PM
matto1975
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket exhaust for rocker c

I am trying to find an aftermarket exhaust for my new fxcwc. I love the bike but hate the stock exhaust. I tried to order the V&H big radius but they said that it will be a few months before they come out. I saw in another post that someone modified it to fit but I don't want to screw my warranty by putting a modified exhaust on. Does anybody know of an exhaust, not slip ons, that goes on this model? I would prefer one with some shape besides the boring straight factory pipes.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:28 PM
thumper450
Advanced
Default RE: aftermarket exhaust for rocker c

I hear that!!!!

Old 03-30-2008, 06:39 PM
emsley3
Advanced

The issue withthe Big Radius that Vance & Hines is taking months to fabricate is a new mounting bracket, not any real modifications to the exhaust itself. The other post you mentioned has a member that has fabricated his own mount and is selling them as well. Since it is nothing more than a mount to the frame, I can't see how this could void any warranty but that is just my opinion.

As for other aftermarket pipes, your only bet that I know of today is with Cobra;http://www.cobrausa-hd.com/category....=1&bmid=25. However, they are straight drag pipes and probably not what you are after. I don't see anything on their site specific to the Rocker but the catalog I was looking through at a shop the other day had a specific part number for the Rocker.

My impatient a$$ self has pretty much decided on some Martin Brothers and making a custom mount.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:45 PM
matto1975
6th Gear

awesome, thanks for the help. My only issue now is trying to convince the dealership to do the install. I am having them do it so I can get a power commander and heavy breather. I need them to tune it for me. I will contact rockerman and see if I can get a bracket.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:07 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: matto1975

awesome, thanks for the help. My only issue now is trying to convince the dealership to do the install. I am having them do it so I can get a power commander and heavy breather. I need them to tune it for me. I will contact rockerman and see if I can get a bracket.
Power commander will not work with the rockers. you'll have to go with a sert.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:20 PM
matto1975
6th Gear

good to know. My dealership had already ordered it for me along with the exhaust that wouldn't fit. I had to send it all back when I found out the exhaust wouldn't fit. Apparently they know as little about this bike as I do. Didn't know the exhaust wouldn't fit and they told me I would need a power commander.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:59 PM
hdfxcw
Cruiser

mistake, sorry

Old 04-03-2008, 07:00 AM
SilverDawg
Road Captain

Matto,

You can do a search for this topic. There are several already started on this forum.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:00 AM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

My only issue now is trying to convince the dealership to do the install.
I didn't have a problem with the dealer. I told them what I wanted and explained that I would bring the bracket and they said sure. I am also having them replace the baffels with Big City - Thunder Monster Baffles.

Good luck.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:44 AM
fieldo
Stage I

I am also thinking of fitting a V&amp\\;H staggered short shot which I am assured will fit by the local custom shop who have also ordered a power commander which they say will fit?

Quick Reply: aftermarket exhaust for rocker c