Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now she runs!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:28 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Now she runs!

I just got my 2007 Fatty out of the shop with listed mods completed. The cams and D&D exhaust really work wellin the96 engine. Wow,night and day difference- now it has some grunt!
I was about an 1/8th mile away from my friends shop that is located off a 2 lane highway, he knew I was coming over to see him and show him the bike- said he liked the way the bike sounded way before I got to his shop … LOL.
All in all, I am very happy with the mods. The D&D exhaust - sounds great and it does not bother my ears in the least, so much better than my V&H BSS ever were which made my ears ring.
Cheers,

Mark

Old 04-01-2008, 10:34 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Side note on Amsoil

A side note: My indy changed out all three holes and put in the accepted weight Amsoil fluids for Trans/Primary and engine. I noted that the trans shifted without the regular clunk; very quiet now and N is a breeze to find. I did catch myself checking to see if I was in N or not because it was so smooth shifting .

Mark

Old 04-01-2008, 11:12 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Side note on Amsoil

I noticed something similar when I switched over to Mobil 1 75/90 in my tranny. Funny part is that I just changed it at 5000 miles. I didn't have to but I needed to drain it to change my clutch cable. When I did I noticed that it looked EXACTLY the same as the new stuff I had picked up to replace it. It was obvious that if I had thought about it and used a clean bucket to drain it into.I could have just put the stuff back in without a problem.
But i'm a bit **** about that kind of thing and would rather spendthe money for a new bottle and KNOW it was done right.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:14 AM
Vikingnomad
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know why but some pipes seem to bother riders ears and others don't...my Samsons sound great and they don't bother my ears with a half bucketbut my neighbour has Rineharts on his dresser and he has to wear ear plugs with a full helmet so his ears don't ring..WTF??? (He has the 103 SE kit so that might be the reason...don't know)

Bone

Old 04-02-2008, 03:24 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I just started wearing ear plugs last week. I have a ringing in my ears for an undiagnosed reason so I figure the extra protection will help. Also, the wind noise is reduced greatly, so I can really only hear the exhaust, which is what I want to hear anyway.