Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nacell on a Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 08:46 PM
mori55
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nacell on a Deluxe

I want to put a nacell on my Deluxe. Will it bolt on? Will the running lights work , can i still use my detachable windsheild? How about the stock risers. Pics would help.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:33 PM
DaFrankster
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nacell on a Deluxe

morri,

Yes, the Nacelle will fit...I'll try and post a picture for you. (They sure look sweet on the Deluxe too.....you'll likeee very much!)

: )

P.S. How do you like the Black-Hole exhaust? What would you compare the sound to?

Cheers------------

Old 04-02-2008, 11:17 PM
07deluxe
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: mori55

I want to put a nacell on my Deluxe. Will it bolt on? Will the running lights work , can i still use my detachable windsheild? How about the stock risers. Pics would help.

Go for it, not to tough to install, just a little bit of mods, the stock riser should fit if you dont use the stock cover the nacelle comes with,Im using my stock risers cut down to 2". Passing lights arent a problem. Usingthe windvest for asheild.

sorry I dont have closer pictures for the risers

Old 04-02-2008, 11:33 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If you can make it work, the Deluxe looks sick with the Nacelle. The retro looks really lend itself to the lines of the Deluxe. I may go that way with my Fatboy eventually. Just put the chrome frontend on, so it will be a little while.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:01 AM
creter
Advanced

I ordered one on e-bay a while back that turned out to be wrongly listed. I needed the nacelle that fit 1986-2008 not the 1960-1984 nacelle that was sent. The difference being the distance between the upper and lower trees. The newer style is an inch greater, so the older kit wont allow the lower mounting screw to line up. Also the older nacelle wont cover the top of the cowbells. Get the right kit and its not a hard job to do. And the looks are stunning.
You will have to remove the forks to swap the cowbells. If you want to put on the ones that come with the kit. If you have nice ones on there now, you can skip swapping the cowbells and removing the forks. I tool the time while the forks where off to polish mine. If you want to put the passing lights back on you most likely will need to order a new mounting bar because the nacelle is wider and the stock mounting bar wont fit. the mounting bar is another $65 or so.
Im not sure about the windshield though. I never got that far. I haven't got round to ordering the correct nacelle kit yet. Let me know how that part pans out for you. And post some pics. It should make your bike look like a million bucks.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:54 AM
rns99
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

07 what brand of bars are you using and what length cables ?

Old 04-03-2008, 05:53 PM
mori55
Tourer

Did the mounting bracket for the passing lights work, or did you have to get a new one?I really hate to get rid of the stock risers, but i guess i really don't have a choice I have wild one bars and they feel just right with that riser.
I really like the samsons , had them on mine , but they seemed to really cost me some power. I wonder if the V&H fishtails are any better power wise. I still think the samsons are better looking than the V&H FISHTAILS. I have chrome cowbells are these used with the new nacelle?
The Black Holeisquieter than my Samson fishtails. May go back to fishtails.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:08 PM
07deluxe
Road Captain

I'm using my stock risers, I had them cut down and machined to fit, The bars are "EBay Specials" maker unknown, they measure about 35.5' wide/1.25 " diam. Stock cables, should be another 2" longer, will be changed as soon as my budget allows. I lengthened the wires myself and routed them internally/ Passing light brackets are stock. Cowbells are chrome.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:28 PM
mori55
Tourer

Did the stock passing light bracket work? Or did you get a different one?

Old 04-03-2008, 06:29 PM
mori55
Tourer

Sorry mssed seeing your answer in your post. Duh.

Quick Reply: Nacell on a Deluxe