Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn vs Harley parts. Quality?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 06:47 PM
sethhobrin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kuryakyn vs Harley parts. Quality?

Just picked up a Kuryakyn and HD catalogue at my stealership. I am planning on picking out new bars(12.5" apes)and chroming out all of the controls and grips on the handlebars as well as braided lines.

The kuryakyn parts seem to be a little cheaper. Is the quality the same, worse or better than the harley counterparts?

Also, does anyone know if the Buffalo 12.5", 1 1/4"apes are the exact same thing as the WildOne 12.5",1 1/4"apes? My stealership told me that WildOne makes the buffalo bars and that they are pretty much exactly the same. He recommended it since I was planning on the Wild1 12.5" apes.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Kuryakyn vs Harley parts. Quality?

So far I am very happy with my Kuryakyn stuff. The quality seems to be very good. It is a little pricey, but I believe that you get what you pay for.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:32 AM
1Coastie
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have several Kuryakyn parts on my bike, and I feel that the quality is excellent, there are some things they do better than Harley, and some things Harley does better. JMO

Old 04-04-2008, 02:46 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I also have many Kury parts on my bike... some are good some are crappy... I would have to say that HD parts are better quality, but thats just me. You get what you pay for! But I do like Kury's
selection, they have all kinds of cool looking parts and HD can be some what boring at times.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:22 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

my harley dealer always said Kuryakyn is junk but its because they push the harley stuff they do not make as much on third party stuff. I have a few items by Kuryakyn on my bike and i have no problems with them also no one be it Kuryakyn or harley warenties Chrome so they are the same in that dept. I bought a set of front axel covers from Kuryakyn and the set screws were kind of small i tightened them good and they striped on the way out when i had to remove the front tire to put a new one on. i had to drill them off. i called Kuryakyn told them what happen and they sent me a brand new set of axel covers just had to return the old so i was happy with there customer service also

Old 04-04-2008, 07:39 AM
sethhobrin
Advanced

I am trying to decide on wether to do harley or kuryakyn for chroming out all the controls and switchhousings, brake and clutch cylindar on the handlebars. They both make kits and the harley stuff seems much more expensive.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:56 AM
TAWoody
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a Kury air intake on my Sportster and ended up not liking it too much. Some of the parts did feel a little cheap. REMEMBER that if you use your HOG card at a dealership, almost all of them give you about a 10% discount on Harley parts. So that might make the prices even.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had a couple of things from Kuryakn in the past (ISO grips, etc.) that were okay, but I have also replace some stuff with H-D due to a cheap feel. Personally, with things like switch housings, front master cylinders, etc., I would only use H-D parts. Call Hale's H-D and receive a big discount and reasonable shipping.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:11 AM
sethhobrin
Advanced

Is 20% a decent discount? thats what my dealership says they will give me on HD parts.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:29 AM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey sethhobrin...

20% is very good for a local dealer, but a lot of that $$$ is offset by the local sales tax.

Try Zanotti in Butler, PA...excellent people (John, Tim and Patty) and very, very good prices with a good attitude on anything you need to return. No tax, flat rate shipping and real good delivery times.

Here's the link...https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html

Steve

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn vs Harley parts. Quality?