Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VH FuelPak

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:58 AM
jpowell490
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default VH FuelPak

Not sure if I have asked this already, but here goes

new 08 Night Train. Anyway down to the point. I am installing RUSH 2.25 slipons. I was told that anything over the 2.0 baffle needed a remap so I bought a fuelpak. I have not installed either of these yet, but have a question.

I would like to run the fuelpak and slipons but keep the stock AC. However, V&H does not have a map for the stock AC. You guys think it would be ok to run the high flow AC map with the stock one? I couldn't see that it would hurt anything, but just wanted to ask.

Thanks

Jason

Old 04-04-2008, 09:13 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: VH FuelPak

just curious, why wouldn't you want your engine to breath better?

Old 04-04-2008, 09:18 AM
jpowell490
Road Master

Well I do, but picking up an AC is like 150 bucks. So after buying the new train, the fuel pak, and the slipons, I am about broke, lol.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:25 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

OK. that's an answer I can identify with!!!!

I'm not sure if you can run like that, or not.... (I know the bike will run) just not the mechanical one to say it won't hurt it in the long run.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:07 AM
whylee
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 244 Posts

Contact V&H, they should have info for a map for you.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:44 AM
fonemann
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just go to thier site, It will ask you what equip you got, ect,ect and give you a set-up for your FP, If its the correct version, If you dont get a set-up, It will ask you to send the specifics to make you a set-up

Old 04-04-2008, 11:16 AM
White Guy
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Don't install, it and put it up for sale. I had my fuel pak on for 1 week. It was the biggest POS that I have ever bought in my years of owning motorcycles. Got the stage 1 download for my bones, and it runs so good... Seriously, my best advice is to rethink your fuel management.. Take it or leave it.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:38 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

If your not changing the A/C to a hi flow you probably dont / wont need a fuel management system or ECM re map . The new bike are running lean , changing only the exhaust wont make much difference with out letting more air in anyway and the only thing you will get is better sound, no HP increase.

There have been a few articles in American Iron at the end of last year by Donnie about tuners ect and the bottom line is some of the late model bike dont even need a remap with pipes and A/C. He dynoed a couple and showed that a stock bike with pipes and A/C was Ok and actually running better with more HP than a bike with pipes, AC and a PClll. Remember the HD Stage 1 remap is still aEPA legal adjustment, so its not much of a chane and is still lean for max performance.

My 05 Annv Fatboy (95ci motor from the factory) did not get a Stage 1 map when I installed the V & H BSS, I took it to the dealera dn they ran it on an analizer and said it was OK as is. The bike ran fine but sounded much better . later I did do a SERT and gained HP and it cooled. I also have a couple of riding buddies that have pipes and a Fuel Pak and have had good results.

Bottom line is put the pipes on and take it for a ride. If its not popping back badly on decel and running OK you should be fine until you change out the AC and then it is wise to richen it up with a download, fuel manager or SERT.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:58 AM
jpowell490
Road Master

Xaran ,

That is the best answer I have heard. As for the HD stage 1 download for the guy above, you just wasted your money to have someone retard your timing. That is a total POS. Only worries I had were the dealer telling me that if I went over a 2.0 baffle then it would need a remap. I might just throw the pipes on and give it a shot, any way of telling if it is lean other than decel popping? I know I fired it up last night and black smoke was coming out of the stock pipes , so it seems to be on the rich side, that might just be start up though.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:41 PM
jpowell490
Road Master

Well the hell with it, I just bought a K&N Filter that just replaces the stock filter for 80 bucks from a local advance auto. So that should be sufficient.

Thanks for the input fellas
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: VH FuelPak