Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIII location on a Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 11:20 AM
05 HD Deluxe
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCIII location on a Deluxe

Getting ready to order a PCIII from Fuelmoto. I am wondering who has one on a deluxe and where you ended up mounting it. In the tray or back behind the mud guard ?

The true duals should be here next week and would like to install all at once.

Thanks

Old 04-04-2008, 01:35 PM
85FXWG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PCIII location on a Deluxe

You will mount it in the new tray provided with the PCIII.....You will figure it out when you see the new pan. It comes with instructions so it will be a no brainer when you open the package.

ORIGINAL: 05 HD Deluxe

Getting ready to order a PCIII from Fuelmoto. I am wondering who has one on a deluxe and where you ended up mounting it. In the tray or back behind the mud guard ?

The true duals should be here next week and would like to install all at once.

Thanks

Old 04-04-2008, 01:40 PM
jpowell490
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

hope you have better luck than I did on a new sporty. Even with the tray, the wiring harness is a BITCH to get under the seat as there is no room.

Old 04-04-2008, 03:58 PM
twomad
Intermediate

i hope you have better luck then i did with mine. i've got a 08 deluxe with dealer installed rinehart exhaust, screamin eagle heavy breather and pc111. last year the bike died on the highway. stealer came to pick it up but it started while waiting. checked all connections and found the pc111 hanging by its cables in front of the mudgaurd. the stealer claims the install was done correct, wrong they used doublesided tape an attached it to the mudgaurd. well the pc111 is now cracked, still works fine but not waterproof no more. dealer told me to call manufacturer of pc111 customer service guy had a bad attitude an says not their fault and won't replace the unit. they don't come with deep pans after 06. the dealer also damaged some wiring when installing because i found out why it died and was a partially open wire for fuel pump under fuse box. i would install it myself if i were you very simple to download the map for your exhaust,aircleaner setup, i ended up tyrapping to back side of ecm infront of mudgaurd. their is no room under the seat trust me on that one. if you want it right do it yourself

Old 04-04-2008, 08:04 PM
05 HD Deluxe
Tourer

ORIGINAL: twomad

i hope you have better luck then i did with mine. i've got a 08 deluxe with dealer installed rinehart exhaust, screamin eagle heavy breather and pc111. last year the bike died on the highway. stealer came to pick it up but it started while waiting. checked all connections and found the pc111 hanging by its cables in front of the mudgaurd. the stealer claims the install was done correct, wrong they used doublesided tape an attached it to the mudgaurd. well the pc111 is now cracked, still works fine but not waterproof no more. dealer told me to call manufacturer of pc111 customer service guy had a bad attitude an says not their fault and won't replace the unit. they don't come with deep pans after 06. the dealer also damaged some wiring when installing because i found out why it died and was a partially open wire for fuel pump under fuse box. i would install it myself if i were you very simple to download the map for your exhaust,aircleaner setup, i ended up tyrapping to back side of ecm infront of mudgaurd. their is no room under the seat trust me on that one. if you want it right do it yourself
Are you saying the pan that is now shipped are not very deep or they don't work as well after o6. My deluxe is an 05.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:52 AM
JoeFLHX
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Harness is probably about the same for both bikes. You can see mine sitting on top of the tranny under the oil bag. Clean, dry, supported.

Old 04-05-2008, 02:39 PM
05 HD Deluxe
Tourer

Joe
Is that only place you could get it to fit. Visible out in the open ?

Old 04-05-2008, 03:05 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The ideal spot on my Train turned out to be the harness for the alarm system...I didn't order one on this bike because I never used the one on my last bike...the PCIII snapped into the harness like it was made for it.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:41 PM
JoeFLHX
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No, they (PC) suggested under the rear fender. I had it there for a couple of days but it was a pain to work with, adjust. So I moved it where it is. Its easy to hook up to the computer and adjust, and out of the mud and weather.

I read later of guys who installed it under the fenderand kept the USB cable intact and ran it up so it made it easier for adjusting.

What got me going was that the way they wanted me to install it made the wiring harness twist in such a way that the seat was crushing the cable connector. To get the stain off the harness and relax the coupling/plug into the ECM the present position did it.

If you are concerned with theft or vandilism a small black box can be purcheased at Radio Shack.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Cruiser 1970
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out this thread. There are some pics of my install. https://www.hdforums.com/m_996958/tm.htm

Quick Reply: PCIII location on a Deluxe