Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New '08 Fatboy Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 05:32 AM
cwehrer
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New '08 Fatboy Warranty

I am overseas right now and I orderd an 08 Fatboy for pickup in July when I get home. I also got the extended warrenty on it and I was wondering if it is worth the extra money. I plan on changing out the exhaust and intake immediatly and if its going to void the warranty then whats the point of getting a warranty? Any input?

Old 04-05-2008, 06:23 AM
whitebread_30
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New '08 Fatboy Warranty

Pass on the extended warranty, the extracash will get you pipes and intake.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:38 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Extended Warranties are a good money-maker for HD. Any slim chance of something going wrong with your ride will happen during your factory warranty period.

I full stage 1 does not automatically void your warranty. If your after market pipes fall off, HD won't cover that. If a 2-pound bug gets past your after market high-flow air cleaner and gets lodged in the intake, HD won't cover that either. In other words, HD must prove that something stock on their product failed BECAUSE of something you did (or altered).

The money you save by not getting the extended warranty will pay for your stage 1.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:25 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yea that is a rumor stated that anything you do will void your warranty. I had a wire harness damaged by the oil tank and it was covered. Also the front wheel bearing went bad and i have a Metzler and it was still covered. I was told by my dealer if the engine fails to run just unplug the PCIII and use the ECM and if it still fails it is covered.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:00 AM
wdg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i passed on it but up to you

Old 04-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: PoorBoy

I full stage 1 does not automatically void your warranty.If your after market pipes fall off, HD won't cover that.If a 2-pound bug gets past your after market high-flow air cleaner and gets lodged in the intake, HD won't cover that either.In other words, HD must prove that something stock on their product failed BECAUSE of something you did (or altered).
[sm=exactly.gif]AKA, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Lamo70
Road Captain

Congrats on the new bike. I wouldn't bother with the extended warranty. Save your money and spend it on a cool HD jacket or like the other guy said, Stage 1.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:24 AM
wallyn
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Mr. Lucky

ORIGINAL: PoorBoy

I full stage 1 does not automatically void your warranty.If your after market pipes fall off, HD won't cover that.If a 2-pound bug gets past your after market high-flow air cleaner and gets lodged in the intake, HD won't cover that either.In other words, HD must prove that something stock on their product failed BECAUSE of something you did (or altered).
[sm=exactly.gif]AKA, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
The Magnuson-Moss Act doesn't cover all of the accessories you put on the bike. Only the wear and tear items like Oil, tires, aircleaner, and muffler. Any other item that effects the performance or operation of a vehicle would be at the discretion of the Motor Company. So stuff like an oversized injector body, or cams could void the warranty. But new tires or new slip on pipes would not.

I think it was in the last issue of the HOG magazine.