Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible solution for different pipes on FXCW and FXCWC Rockers

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Rocketman69
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Possible solution for different pipes on FXCW and FXCWC Rockers

Some of you have already read my other thread about the Big Radius brackets for the Rockers. I've had a lot of interest, and some very great feedback from customers. I wasn't originally planning on doing too many of these, but the demand seems to be getting bigger as more of these bikes are popping up on the road.

I know alot of people love the Big Radius pipes, but don't want their bike to look like everyone else's, and with that in mind, I'm considering offering help on a case-by-case basis to those who want to install other pipes on their Rockers.

If you have a set of pipes, whether they be Martin Bros., Yaffe, Vance & Hines, Hooker, etc...or plan on getting a set for your Rocker, and need a bracket made so they will fit, let me know.

I would need the brackets that your pipes came with sent to me so I can modify the design and make a new part. Once production is finished, both your old bracket, and the new one will be shipped back to you. The price will of course be a bit higher than the current Big Radius brackets, as they won't be mass produced, but it should still be well under the $50 range per bracket. Customer would be responsible for shipping/handling to and from me.

Once again, please understand that I do not run a business of any kind, and I have a 70 hr/week day job that keeps me very busy, so turn around time will probably take two to four weeks.

Once a bracket is made for a particular set of pipes, I can build more for other people wanting the same pipes/bracket, without the need to ship your existing bracket to me.

So if you are interested in doing the above, to get the pipes of your choice to fit on your bike, please send me an email through this site (click my username, and send an email), and I'll reply right away. PMs will be answered too, but usually not as quickly, and emails will get priority.

Thanks again.

-Gib

Old 04-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Rocketman69
Road Captain
Default RE: Possible solution for different pipes on FXCW and FXCWC Rockers

No interest eh? I kept seeing all these posts about wanting to be different.....oh well.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:55 PM
MartyF
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rocketman69,

Let me start off by commending your outstanding work for us fellow Rocker owners.

Currently, I have been trying to decide which pipes to put on the new scooter. I really like the look of the BR 2 into 2, but I am not completely sold yet because of a concern about the noise level. I want a deep rumble without excessive volume. While I realize these two objectives might be mutually exclusive, nonetheless that is ultimately my goal.

Right now I'm in a look, listen & learn mode with as many different pipes as possible. The one limiting factor with this used to be the fitment concern with the new Rocker. Now - again, you have given us additional options.

As soon as I figure out whatever pipes I'm going with, I'll be contacting you for assistance.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Rocketman69
Road Captain

No problem, Marty. Just let me know what you come up with.

BTW....go to vance&hines' website. They have some soundclips of other pipes. My buddy has a set of the BigShot Staggered on his '08 NightTrain, and they have a much deeper rumble to them than the Big Radius pipes do.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Turbo3pt3
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marty, I am with you on the pipes. My rocker is coming in this week and I would like to narrow my choices. I also want the harley sound without "hello officer" volume. Gib has offered to help with brackets for other V&H models that are available with quiet baffles. I was thinking this might be the way to go, but it is hard to deciper based on a sound byte. Letme know if you find something.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Rocketman69
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Turbo3pt3

Gib has offered to help with brackets for other V&H models that are available with quiet baffles.
Actually, I'm not limiting options to just Vance & Hines pipes. If you find something you like, let me know and we'll see what we can do.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Turbo3pt3
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Gib. Do you, or anyone else, have any suggestions given what we are looking for?

Old 04-08-2008, 02:50 PM
MartyF
Cruiser

BTW....go to vance&hines' website. They have some soundclips of other pipes. My buddy has a set of the BigShot Staggered on his '08 NightTrain, and they have a much deeper rumble to them than the Big Radius pipes do.Big Radius pipes do.
Thanks Gib, I'll check it out.

[hr]
Marty, I am with you on the pipes. My rocker is coming in this week and I would like to narrow my choices. I also want the harley sound without "hello officer" volume. Gib has offered to help with brackets for other V&H models that are available with quiet baffles. I was thinking this might be the way to go, but it is hard to deciper based on a sound byte. Letme know if you find something.
Turbo3pt3,
I'll be happy to share any info. I come up with. On that thought, there was a previous post from a fellow Rocker owner that put Bub 7 (2 into 2) pipes on - and he liked the deep tone & lower volume of them.
By the way, congrats in advance on getting the new scoot this week.

Marty

Old 04-15-2008, 09:22 PM
drummer1013
Stage II

Rocketman69,

I Love the innovative attitude. Awesome. I own the new Rocker C myself and Love it. However, I hate the original pipes. I want the Big Radius pipes and you seem to be the man to get me there. The only diiference is the bracket?? Are they the same part number for the other softails? I have been all over V&H website but no mention of the part number for those pipes.(for the rocker) Thanks.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Rocketman69
Road Captain

John,

I emailed you back.

Quick Reply: Possible solution for different pipes on FXCW and FXCWC Rockers