Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn signal relocation kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:30 AM
eddie57
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal relocation kit

I have a 2002 fatboy and am wanting to put a detachable backrest on. It requires a turn signal relocation kit. My question is: My current rear turn signals have a flat fin type bar that attach's the turn signal to the fender strut. i am told the relocation kit has a chrome round post to go from the fender strut to the turn signal. That is a problem because my turn signals have the flat fin type bar and the opening on the turn signal fits the flat fin type bar. Do I need to buy a different type of turn signal to accept the relocation kits round post or is there an adapter in the kit to fit the opening on my current turn signal. I hope this is not to confusing without pics. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in Advance.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:41 AM
TexasFatboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Turn signal relocation kit

You're question is a little confusing....but, yes you need the location kit and yes, it works with the stock signals. You'll have a good idea of why it works once you see the hardware thats included.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:23 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

The new T/S relocation kit from HD is improved and does not have the little round stem replacments, they are more of the oval look like the stock setup.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:13 AM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: eddie57

I have a 2002 fatboy and am wanting to put a detachable backrest on. It requires a turn signal relocation kit. My question is: My current rear turn signals have a flat fin type bar that attach's the turn signal to the fender strut. i am told the relocation kit has a chrome round post to go from the fender strut to the turn signal. That is a problem because my turn signals have the flat fin type bar and the opening on the turn signal fits the flat fin type bar. Do I need to buy a different type of turn signal to accept the relocation kits round post or is there an adapter in the kit to fit the opening on my current turn signal. I hope this is not to confusing without pics. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in Advance.
here is a pic of the newer type relocation kit. it shows the improved fin mount. so you should be all set with your concerns.

[IMG] http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...chablekit3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-12-2008, 11:50 AM
renoa18
Tourer

Hell just do what I did. I took the quick detach plates and grinded about a 1/4" inch off of them and they fit with the stock turn signals. You grind a 1/4" inch deep and then about a 1" high. It is a whole lot cheaper and I like the look of the stock mounts.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Kbore
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WTF e57? The bro give you info and you never come back to say thanks? WTF? Get a picture too.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:41 PM
roysays
Cruiser

Originally Posted by trafficjams
here is a pic of the newer type relocation kit. it shows the improved fin mount. so you should be all set with your concerns.

[IMG] http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...chablekit3.jpg[/IMG]
when did that kit come out. I just bought the old style kit which I hate back in September from the local dealership.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:46 PM
spade
Cruiser

wow. much nicer than the old kit.
I ended up just losing the rear turn signals all together because I did not like HDs kit. I used a Panacea taillight instead.
A buddy of mine used the real low profile leds that turned out real nice. I'll have to see if I can find a pic.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:54 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Or, you could get this turn signal relocation and laydown license plate frame (all in one) like I did. Looks a lot cleaner than anything HD sells.

Attached Thumbnails  Turn signal relocation kit-img_0045.jpg    Turn signal relocation kit-img_0046.jpg    Turn signal relocation kit-img_0048.jpg    Turn signal relocation kit-img_0049.jpg  

Last edited by ngoti8tor; 04-15-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:03 PM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member

Stock signal's will work fine.

Quick Reply: Turn signal relocation kit