Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross Bones Review?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Cal_TC
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cross Bones Review?

I'm shopping between the Cross Bones and Dyna Fat Bob. Took the Cross Bones for a short test ride and I was impressed. Any owners out there
have the Bones out for a long ride and can give me a good idea of what to expect. How is the comfort for long rides? Also, how is the comfort for a
passenger for those who added the pad on back?

thanks,
TC

Old 04-11-2008, 02:46 PM
pvtryno
Advanced
Default RE: Cross Bones Review?

I haven't had my Xbones out on real long rides 75 miles or less, but its been great for comfort on all of them. That passenger pillon is more for looks than any real comfort. It will work for short hops around town, but your ole lady will be mighty pissed if you leave her on that seat for any real length of time. Supposedly you can put on any seat that will fit a softtail.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Cal_TC
Novice

Yeah, guessed that about the pad but I don't see too many options if you want to keep the stock saddle.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:24 PM
White Guy
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Comfort... My wife has no issues with her rear seat set up. She didn't like it all that much until I put the sissy bar on, but now she's happy as can be. Keep in mind, she's 30 and thin, so she may be less likely to feel any discomfort...

WG

Old 04-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Cal_TC
Novice

Ok, I won't worry about the seat then. My girlfriend is maybe 105 lbs if I weigh her immediately after a steak dinner.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:49 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

i went for a ride wednesday about 280 miles....i had no probs at all. as far as my wife, she isnt too keen on the passenger pillion and back rest

Old 04-11-2008, 10:21 PM
6165hd
Road Captain

My bike before the X-bones was the street bob, so a bit different from the fatbob,;... I always got leg cramps on the streetbob, and needed to stretch out my legs, Im 5'8. so, I was really suprized by comfort issues. My Rear shocks where probably to low.

When I Got on the xbones, I was truely amazed, by the difference and the comfort. Going from a solo seat style bike to another style solo seat bike, the Crossbones has more to offer, and comfort for Sure.

I personally do better with the upright mini apes vs, some of the shorter style bars, because of a short torso. Im to short to extend my back and body forward to reach controls.

hope that helps.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:37 AM
BTL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a great riding bike for me, the wife dont like the pilion seat, but since i ride the bike 99 percent solo, its more about me then the passenger, but then again I still got my 79 flh for 2 up riding

[IMG]local://upfiles/54575/3BBFB2BCF1CA43828AE3CC4F16F4B5EB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-16-2008, 06:59 PM
gino33
Intermediate

I didn't take my new Bones on long ride abot 80 miles. Great ride except I changed the stock tractor seat with the new brawler seat. Very comfortable. I hear from some guys the stock seat pushes them forward too much. Try try the stock seat. If not comfortable try the brawler looks good and comfy. They olso make a passenger seat to match the brawler. good luck with the XBones. Ride safe

Old 04-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Asphalt Cowboy
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would the Motor Co.give the XBones a 17" wheel out back, and a smaller 16" up front? I'm one of those guys who can tell when a picture is crooked on the wall, so maybe it's just me.....

Quick Reply: Cross Bones Review?