Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mechanical Jackass - How hard are 3" fwd controls extensions to install?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Apostle
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanical Jackass - How hard are 3" fwd controls extensions to install?

I'm a mechanical moron... How hard are the 3" extensions going to be to install on an 06 Deuce?

Old 04-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Mechanical Jackass - How hard are 3" fwd controls extensions to install?

From one mech. moron to another pretty easy. The hardest part is bleeding the brake line

Old 04-12-2008, 10:11 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Mechanical Jackass - How hard are 3" fwd controls extensions to install?

ORIGINAL: Lundee
The hardest part is bleeding the brake line
Even that's not too hard if you do it with a hose from the fitting to ajar of extra brake fluid.
I used an old hospital clear O2 line, that way I could see the air going through the line and knew when to stop pumping.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:45 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned

The Ness 3" kit is a piece of cake to install...comes with everything you need (extended brake line and longer shift linkage included) and you can still use your stock jiffy stand.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:36 AM
jumporjerkoff
Tourer

just installed ness 3inch kit this morning, took me a couple of hours, comes with everything you need, not to pricey either!!

Old 04-13-2008, 01:06 PM
boone432
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not hard unless youre a ******** like me and strip one of the tork heads.

Old 04-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Apostle
Advanced

Is a new brake line an aboslute must? Was hoping to get away with my stock line.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Brettsterhog
Advanced

The Ness kit comes with an extended brake line- I don't think the stock one is long enough for the extensions.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:56 PM
sgtrod91
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im looking into doing the same. I know a lil about turning wrenches, but dont know exactly how would I bleed the brakes bymyself. can one person do that?

Old 04-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Brettsterhog
Advanced

Yes, one person can do it. It would help if you have a service manual for pics and such. I'm sure someone on this site has already explained how to do it- I would try a search, but you can bleed brakes with one person- really easy.

Quick Reply: Mechanical Jackass - How hard are 3" fwd controls extensions to install?