Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some opinions...Boards or Forwards?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 07:37 PM
DrawDown
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some opinions...Boards or Forwards?

Im trying to decide if I should keep the floorboards on my bike or go with some Forwards. Take a look at my sig pic or check out the other pics i have in my gallery. Im having a tough time deciding which looks better. If you cant make them out, im currently running the willie g skull board inserts and my brake pedal and shifter peg are the stealth collection which are a lot of chrome which i like. If i went with the forwards i would match it to the rest with the stealth pegs. If it make any difference, Im 6'4 so the boards are a little tight. Kinda puts my knees at a 90 degree angle which can get a little uncomfortable after a long ride, but im mainly concerned with the looks. Give me you opinions. Thanks

Old 04-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Need some opinions...Boards or Forwards?

You can always put on extensions for the boards. Installing forwards without extensions won't give you much more leg room if any. For what it's worth I switched from boards to forwards on my Springer Classic and then switched back after one riding season. I did install 3" extensions with the forwards and left them on when going back to the boards. I like the boards much better. Far more comfortable on long rides. I guess the reason I put forwards on in the first place is because I had ridden for years with them before buying my Springer in '05 and felt more comfortable with them. But after giving the boards another go I had a change of heart. Love them. As far as looks go I guess I still think forwards look 'cooler' but comfort is more important to me.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:50 PM
gunner065
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer the boards myself. You are able to put your feet in different positions when you ride. Of course I'm only 5'6", so a taller rider such as yourself may be limited in your feet positions.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:53 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dunno... i guess its just me... but...i dont understand how anyone can backpeddle from boards after having them

Old 04-13-2008, 07:58 PM
medic47
Intermediate

definately boards

Old 04-13-2008, 10:00 PM
DrawDown
Road Master

I figured the forwards would give me more leg room. Kinda like how the boards look, so i may just install some forward extensions on the board mounts and see how that works. Might be just what im lookin for.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:43 PM
tail11
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not as tall as you, but I just put floorboards on my bike and will not go back to forward controls. It's a personal choice to make. Have you ridden with forward controls yet?If not, see if a buddy would let you do a test ride w/forward controls

[IMG]local://upfiles/13603/206B430E9D314640A785585D027E01A1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-14-2008, 09:17 AM
MarkandMary
Road Captain

+1 on the boards!

Old 04-14-2008, 09:48 AM
ndnhog
Cruiser

I'm going against the crowd and voting forwards. I think it will match the look of your bike better. I like boards on my bike but your bike I think forwards would match your bike better.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:11 PM
DocTkd
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m going against the grain here and state I find the forwards more comfortable than the boards, in that I can adjust my foot angle with the forwards whereas the boards keep my feet at a fixed angle. I’m 6’3”, don’t know if that makes a difference.

Quick Reply: Need some opinions...Boards or Forwards?