Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Relocating PCIII???

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:32 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Relocating PCIII???

I have a 2006 Fatboy and my PCIII is located under the seat on top of the ECM. I would like to get the extra room back under the seat (which will also give me additional options for seats). I was considering moving it in front of the mud guard (rear tire) where they are mounted on the 07 & 08's. Does anyone forsee any problem with that? I am taking all this apart anyway to install the garage door opener (the transmitter goes in the same area), so it shouldn't be hard.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:44 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Relocating PCIII???

Mine is behind the mud guard and no problem

Old 04-18-2008, 10:13 AM
FACTION95
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zip tie it in that area below the seat in front of the mud guard. Should be nice and safe there.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:37 AM
twomad
Intermediate

08 softtail deluxe dealer installed pc111usb on mudgaurd with doublesided tape. the tape failed pc111 was hanging by wires an got cracked. dealer blamed it on pc saying poor location, pc blamed it on dealer poor installation,bike was stalliing out an restarting at various speeds, bottom line is i'm out 500$ for sert and install, imop power commander on softail sucks, will never go to my exstealer again, if you relocate find a better way then pc says to do it

Old 04-18-2008, 06:13 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

imop power commander on softail sucks
MY PCIII has worked fine for almost 4000 miles. I haven't had any stalling or anything else. Before I bought mine, I was told by a dealer who sold both that he reccomended the PCIII for 06 and older bikes, and the SERT for 07 and new bikes due to the 02 sensors. That actually makes sense to me b/c my bike doesn't have to utilize 02 eliminators like the 07 & 08's do. Like has been said on here many times, it all depends on the tuner and what your goals are. I may eventually go to a SERT, but only if I do major engine work.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:04 PM
ccdeluxe
Intermediate

Hi I have read your posts. I dont have much done to my 08 Softail Deluxe, some Vance and Hines pipes and larger air filter. The dealer has done all the work to my bike to this point. I took the bike in last August, due to it stalling and back firing at intersections. I figured it was the heat. The dealer couldnt duplicate the problem. Well today Nov. 29, 2009, It was 73 degrees and I was not in stop and go traffic, coming into intersections it wants to stall when I pull the clutch in. I have to keep popping the throttle to keep it running. When I pulled into my shop to park it I checked the charging system to see that I was getting sufficient spark. Thats fine. Then I start to smell gas like its running to rich. I crack the throttle a few times and I see blue flames firing out of the pipes!! Looks great but thats not right. I think my bike is running to rich!!???????
Anyone have any ideas? I guess its back to the dealer, UGH!!! Also I would like to add that this bike has ran great up till now with no power commander!!

Old 11-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Smug
Tourer

I mounted mine in the plastic tray where I think the alarm module would go right underneath the turn signal module. I snipped the two plastic tabs off the tray and used some heavy duty velcro from Lowes. Been there for 3 yrs. with no problems and does look like a factory install.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:29 AM
fastcash0523
Cruiser

Originally Posted by WARG
I have a 2006 Fatboy and my PCIII is located under the seat on top of the ECM. I would like to get the extra room back under the seat (which will also give me additional options for seats). I was considering moving it in front of the mud guard (rear tire) where they are mounted on the 07 & 08's. Does anyone forsee any problem with that? I am taking all this apart anyway to install the garage door opener (the transmitter goes in the same area), so it shouldn't be hard.
That's where mine was placed by the dealer when they put it on. So far no problem, however, I really do not like it there.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:43 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tk353
Mine is behind the mud guard and no problem
that's where mine has been for 2 years - no problems. my mechanic used zip ties to keep it in place.... don't think I'd trust tape.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:01 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

My 09 Train has it mounted behind the Mud Guard

Quick Reply: Relocating PCIII???