Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XBones - first impressions

Old 04-18-2008, 10:31 PM
grzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XBones - first impressions

just back from the dealer looking at the first Xbones in Pewter denim... was still in the garage strapped down in thepacking case. They put the handle bars on for me so I could sit on it.

the floor boards sit a little out and fwd of the heritage. I'm 6'2 so this felt a bit more comfortable that the heritage.
the seat gave only slightly when I sat on it ... I'm about 240pounds so very surprised it did not give more. a tiny little bit of side to side movement on the seat but seems quite ok. Comfort seemed ok as well.
Obviously sits alot higher than the heritage - if the specs on the bike are any indication then about 70mm higher which seems about right.
I liked the look of the stock slash down pipes.
The 200mm rear fills up the fender real nice.
the pillion seat a bit small for touring (clearly ! )
couldn't really get an idea of how the pillion pegs fit - best I could work out from the parts catelogue was that the right peg may sit higher than the left if you leave the stock pipes on - maybe a Xbones owner out there can tell me how it works.
I really liked the pewter denim scheme - lot better in the flesh.

currently pricing up the bike and finding a buyer for mine ....

any Xbones owners out there that changed from a fatty/heritage/springer , I'd be happy to hear your comments on its ride.

tia

Old 04-19-2008, 09:35 AM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XBones - first impressions

i love my new bike but my wife isnt real happy. she wants me to get back into a heritage...lol...you are correct about the pass pegs...i am currently trying to get a resolution to that with the dealer.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:39 AM
whylee
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 244 Posts

I think the pewter denim is the best looking X Bones, I have the pearl blue because they could not get the pewter. I traded my V Rod NRS for it, I dont regrett it at all.I love the spring seat look but prefer the brawler seat for comfort.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:07 PM
grzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is the wife's complaint(s) ? did you have a heritage before? I figure you could find yourself a 2 up touring seat that would fit. the right peg got me beat. the dealer said that I should just buy 2 kits to get a second bracket to raise the left ...wtf. I think that is dumb and i couldn't tell if the bracket is right hand side specific.

ORIGINAL: screamn_eagle

i love my new bike but my wife isnt real happy. she wants me to get back into a heritage...lol...you are correct about the pass pegs...i am currently trying to get a resolution to that with the dealer.