Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:18 AM
inferno_md
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal issues

I have went with the Heartland 180 kit on my 02 FXST. I now have the Kuryakyn Side mount plate and brake lighe and bullet turn signals with the module for using the turns for running/brake as well. Well I was wiring everything up earlier and got the brake light, plate light and running light working properly on the side mount but nothing for the turn signals. I wired one to the brown and one to the violet according to the service manual. We had splice into the old wiring harness to be able to use the connector. We pulled the bulbs from the turn signals and using the meter we verified we were receiving current and when using left and right signals we watched the current pulse. These are brand new turn signals, could it be as easy as defective bulbs or is it something else. Also after wiring everything up I still have the orange/white wire that does not connect to either the turn signals or the side mount. Could that just be removed from the harness? According to the wiring diagram it is shown as a dotted line for use on the (HDI - not sure what that is) models but as a run light, but I already have blue wire for that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:48 AM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Turn Signal issues

my brake,run,signal adapter just pluged right into the existing equipment under the seat. i dont understand why yours didnt. is it because you went with a different brake light?...this is out of my area of expertise...but i wish you all the luck

Old 04-20-2008, 09:00 AM
FL DEUCE
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are they LED bulbs? If so, you need a load equalizer.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:33 PM
inferno_md
Advanced

I do not have my stock fender or rear tail light assembly anymore. I am using the kuryakyn halogen bullets as turn/run lights and a kuryakyn side mount license plate/brake light. I installed all three parts, spliced into the old wiring harness connection. This connection will connect directly into the Kuryakyn module and then into the main wiring harness. I am also using the load equalizer for the TSSM security module. I removed the Orange/White wire (Determined it was a hot accessory). The side mount/brake functions perfectly. I am using the same Kuryakyn lights on the front of the bike as just installed on the rear. I pulled the bulb from the left front and placed it into the rear right and it worked. So I figured it was a bulb issue. I took the bulb and put it back in the front and put the old bulb back into the rear. Somehow that bulb wants to work now and has continued to do so. I attempt the same process on the right side but with no luck and I also test the bulb from the rear in the front with no luck. I left teh ignition on when attempting to put the housing cover back on and I heard crackling sound and then the blinker on the right went out. I am now assuming the bulb for the front that was working is done. Does anyone know what may be the issue for this rear signal that does not work?