Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the price of gas

Old 04-20-2008, 05:00 PM
toby34
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the price of gas

Just want to know your thoughts on this. It is nuts to think that the cost to fill your bike from empty today is what it cost to fill the tank of a small chevy pick up just a few years ago. Nuts i say just f&*k#$g nuts

Old 04-20-2008, 05:22 PM
mikef
Cruiser
Default RE: the price of gas

It cost me about $ 125.00 to fill up my Z71 Suburban if it is empty. I just filled it today and it came to a few cents over $ 125.00. Most pumps here stop at $ 75.00 if you pay at the pump. I have to go inside and give them my card or I have to fill up twice.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

[X(]Now that's just depressing.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Dave Deluxe
Advanced

Don't look for any relief. I have friends in the oil business. Exxon's goal is $5 a gallon and they will get it before it's over with. Fortunately my fuel bill is a business expense, but that doesn't make it any easier to write that check.

While we are on the subject, what kind of gas mileage is everyone getting on their bikes?

Old 04-20-2008, 05:47 PM
marion
Intermediate

Suburban? Well, sorry, guy, but what did you expect? Not that I'm a big Obama supporter but he was at a town hall meeting and someone asked what he will do about gas prices. After a short canned speech, he asked the person asking the question what they drove, a Lincoln Navigator. He looked at him and laughed. You can't help people who don't help themselves.

Actually we have been paying cheap gas prices based on many other countries. Those who use gas in Ireland(many switched to diesel) are paying by the liter that works out to about $10 dollars a gallon. The main reason they switched to diesel is because the gas taxes are so high, it forced then to switch. We are in for a big awakening here in the US if we think prices are going to go down. Ain’t happening! Demand is too high around the world. China and the Asia Pac are taking as much as they can get.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Y2K
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,166 Likes on 1,326 Posts

ORIGINAL: marion

Suburban? Well, sorry, guy, but what did you expect? Not that I'm a big Obama supporter but he was at a town hall meeting and someone asked what he will do about gas prices. After a short canned speech, he asked the person asking the question what they drove, a Lincoln Navigator. He looked at him and laughed. You can't help people who don't help themselves.
I think that argument is bunk,many of us have big rigs for legit reasons.
I have several vehicles so I don't drive my big truck every day but it still FN pisses me off spending $125 to fill the tank when I need it while oil companies make record profits.
I don't care what they're paying in Ireland,it has nothing to do with here in the USA.
We have oil and refineries here,besides it's mostly taxes that make it cost so much over there.
I use my truck to haul firewood to heat my home,pull my boat and camper,go to the dump etc.
I live in a rural area it hurts big time when I need my truck,can't haul firewood with a prius.
Obama can kiss my gass,I'm going to go hold my gun now...rant over.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:55 PM
texfatboy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the price of gas will never go down. once they are getting it. i dont see them giving it back.... but for me to be able to ride my harley all weekend and have a great time on 10 to 15 dollars in gas makes it a pretty cheap hobby....... compared to the drag racing hobby i used to do. and the people who run their gas guzzling boats all over the lakes on weekends, not to mention the rigs that pull them. it may get that gas is so high i cant go to work. but i will still be able to ride my scoot...kerry

Old 04-20-2008, 07:29 PM
mikef
Cruiser

I have 4 kids so I need my Suburban..... I understand I could get a mini van..... but I just cant do it. I love my Suburban. I can afford the gas. It isnt an issue. I will spend what I need to but I dont want to throw money away. I dont like paying more than the next guy. But it sucks when gas is cheaper just over the borde into Arizona. California is the worst.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Harley03joe
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

This Is What I Do To Fill Up My Car Ha Ha

Old 04-20-2008, 08:01 PM
boone432
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i look at it this way. i need my truck, but not my bike. but now that i can ride the bike, itll cost a lot to fill up the bike to, but it will benefit me greatly. the price of fuel is fuggin bullsh!t tho!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the price of gas