Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake upgrades needed/available for Rocker?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Ruralmed
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake upgrades needed/available for Rocker?

I am building my Rocker Cup now, I'm adding the 103 Stage II w/ SERT,& VH BRpipes,and some custom mods. However, I can't find much info for softail brake kits, especially the Rocker C. Wilwood has some chromed out 2-piston options, and Brembo offers kits for touring bikes; but that can't be all that's out there.

I have yet to actually ride my Rocker but I'd like to stop as well as I can accelerate. Has anybody used TCB Brake Systems? Can HD's CVO ABS be retrofitted to Softails? How well does a stock Rocker C stop with 2-up riding w/ full gear?

A recent bike mag evaluated the Rocker vs Raider and rated the Rocker's binders very low.

"I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passenger!"

Old 04-23-2008, 12:11 PM
SDEUCET
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brake upgrades needed/available for Rocker?

Braided hoses will help with the feel of the brakes and Lyndall pads will help haul you down. I believe the rocker has the new size disc 11.8" someone will correct me if I am wrong if that is the case you will have to wait a while until the brake manufactures catch up. floating rotors and a 6 piston differential bore will whoa you down in a hurry ! You'll want to go to a four piston out back to hold down tha Phat *** tire!.