Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rocker C Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 09:23 AM
RckrChick
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rocker C Owner

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. My husband and I just bought a Rocker C a couple weeks ago. (Yes, WE...that bike is as much for my enjoyment as it is his....however I know my limitations. I don't drive a car well so there's no way I'm riding a bike. I'll just sit on the back and look pretty! )

We haven't made any mods yet but he is itching to change the exhuast ASAP. WE called our local V&H dealer but the guy had never even heard of the Rocker C, so that is not a promising start to say the least. He likes the Short Shots but we read in another post there's a bracketing issue so he's going to have to do some more research, I guess.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to talking to you all and beating bouncing questions and ideas off you all.

~Veronika~

Old 04-23-2008, 09:32 AM
tgriffin
1st Gear
Default RE: New Rocker C Owner

Welcome to the forum for Jackson Ms.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:42 AM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey RckrChick...and welcome to the forum!

If your local 'parts guy' is not familiar with V+H for your machine, I'd personally look elsewhere and talk to a different 'parts guy!' I have found that many of the 'parts guys' don't know near as much as I do...but they have so much stuff to keep up with I guess it would be toughto be up-to-date about everything!You can save serious $$$ by getting your partsonline and installing yourself...assuming that the better-half is mechanically inclined and you have the tools! I use my local dealers to go and see and touch the parts I'm interested in to make sure I like them, and then I go home and order them from Zanotti and save some hard earned cash!

Good luck and again, welcome to the forum!

Steve

Old 04-23-2008, 09:50 AM
wdg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome from maine

Old 04-23-2008, 09:58 AM
soon2b_rockin
Stage II

I just got my Rocker about a month ago. Looks great. But it hasn't stopped snowing here in the Pacific Northwest, so not much riding yet. I put the Vance and Hines Big Radius pipes on my bike. I think they look great. Had to drill 2 different holes in the mounting bracket, but other than that, it was a clean install. Now if my fuelpak would just show up. I ordered it 3 weeks ago, and it's still a no show. Enjoy your Rocker, for I'm enjoying mine (what little I've been able to ride it).

Old 04-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Ruralmed
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! My wife and I also just purchased a Rocker C, but HD is pushing back the delivery date...sigh. Rocketman69 can fabricate a bracket to mount softail V&H pipes, look under https://www.hdforums.com/fb.asp?m=3037006. However, I also called V&H direct and they said that the entire lineup for the Rocker will be available the first week in June.

How many miles have you logged together, how does your backside feel? We purchasd the passenger pillon with backrest, but have yet to try it out.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:22 AM
BoneCrusher
Road Master

Congrats! How is that flip up passenger seat? I agree to if the parts guy hasn't heard of the Rocker he's either on some kinda mind altering drugs or is just plain ignorant

Old 04-23-2008, 11:16 AM
jackusan
Cruiser

Hello and welcome from Florida. I got my Rocker C in January and have 1800 miles on it so far. My wife has been on the "trick seat" and has no problem with it. She said there was plenty of room and it was as comfortable as my old Wide Glide. I want to change out my pipes as well, V&H said it would be late April or May before they have pipes for the Rocker. The bracket can be overcome but I'm not sure about the Power Commander. The word I get so far is that it won't fit on the Rocker, no where to hide it. Hopefully V&H will figure that out too. Enjoy your Rocker C, I love riding mine.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:29 AM
2002fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome from Atlanta!

Old 04-23-2008, 11:54 AM
SDEUCET
Cruiser

Welcome from California!