Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross Bones fuel guage

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:58 PM
harleybones
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cross Bones fuel guage

New Bike...have noticed the fuel guage reads almost empty and when I fill the tank the bike takes 2 gallons...does the guage suck, broken, or do I need to ignore it and use the mileage...any feedback? I'm getting about 33 mpg...seems like it should be more..get 42 mpg on an Ultra...not broken in yet might be the problem.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:32 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Cross Bones fuel guage

the guage is actually more acurate than the ultra. i also came off of an ultra where i got 120 miles in the top half of the fuel gauge and only 40 miles before the low fuel light came on. the new bike runs pretty accurate, i waited til the low fuel light came on and it took 4 gallons, but the guage went down more accuratly, i am getting about the same fuel economy as on the ultra

Old 04-29-2008, 01:57 PM
pvtryno
Advanced

I saw the same thing on mine, the fuel gage tells me that its about empty yet it only takes 3 gals to fill. I haven't waited for the fuel gage to come on yet, but will on this tank. I've been thinking about getting those skull colection fuel gage and cap. They look pretty cool.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:42 PM
White Guy
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Mine does pretty much the same thing... Sucky guage I guess. I've learned it, so it's all good. Dealer told me to go mainly off of the mileage...

WG

Old 04-29-2008, 04:51 PM
SAS
Tourer

Noticed when I first start the bike the gusge reads lower then it actualy is, but once I hit the road it reads just fine.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:21 PM
harlelyrandy
Intermediate

I think the gauge kind of learns as it goes. I unhooked the battery and the fuel light came on with 3/4 of a tank, but as I refilled a couple times it started being more accurate.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:44 PM
BTL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess mine is pretty good, when it reads empty and the dash light comes on it takes justa hair over 4 gallons to fill, although I only check it 3 itmes so far but it has always been the same, and as far as mileage goes the best i got so far is from 27 to 30 miles to the gallon of gold oh i mean gas.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:31 AM
harleybones
Intermediate

Been getting 33 mpg but have only gone through two tanks of gas...can't believe it gets worse mpg than my 07 ultra

Old 04-30-2008, 10:46 AM
chazzy
Cruiser

I got 34mpg with a passenger. All of our mileages are going to vary from person to person and bike to bike. I think the main thing to remember is we all have different riding styles....you know like, do you wind out the motor before shifting, do you blip the throttle when down shifting, etc etc. I honestly think that we should be getting in the upper 40's mpg riding solo and the upper 30's to low 40's with a passenger. Just my $.02 worth anyway. But I'm thinking that if I got 34 mpg with a passenger, then I should be getting around 40-45mpg riding solo.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:54 AM
bgismo20
Road Warrior

MY springer is SUPER Accurate, it better be its carbuerated, no Fuel light just the guage it says its empty it takes .5 gal, thats about right! I still have reserve though if need be...

Quick Reply: Cross Bones fuel guage