Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSRP on deuce when sold?

Old 04-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Olyone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MSRP on deuce when sold?

What was the MSRP on the Deuces when they were being sold and how much below were they letting them go for? What are the pros and cons you guys have about your deuce? If any.
Thanks!!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:49 PM
TxDeuce
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MSRP on deuce when sold?

If I remember my '07 was about $18.5K msrp and wasn't going for below. Pros: unique tank design and lots of standard chrome. Cons: Step child in softail family when it comes to customizing. No offense to other bikes but wouldn't trade it for any other.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:54 PM
twiceretired
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't recall what MSRP was on mine, but I bought an '07, cobalt blue, with alarm (think that was all there was extra on it) in Oct. of '06 for $18,300. The only "cons" I have with the Deuce are those that I have with most Harleys: crappy suspension, crappy seat, crappy tires, 20th century technology at 22nd century prices, "half the bike for twice the money", etc, etc. (just kidding!!!)
Pros? Absolutley love the bike. Love it's looks, put Metzler tires and Progressive suspension and it handles great now, PCIII, Supertrapp exhaust, SE intake and it sounds good and moves right out.
I've had motorcycles for more years than I care to recall, and of all my bikes, I like this one best. I've toyed with trading it off for a Honda ST1300 &BMW RT 1200, but just can't do it. Instead, I went out and bought a used BMW LT 1200 for touring, but just had to keep the Deuce. Damn, I love this bike! (are you getting the picture?)

Old 04-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Olyone
Tourer

Total SNAPSHOT in my head! Thanks TWICERETIRED. My kids call retired retarded and one is standin right here and wanted me to say twiceretarted. I told them thats not cool not repectfull. I am tryin like hell toretire and they keep callin me retarded. PLEASE NO ILL FEELINGS. Just a joke around the house. I am middle aged and trying like hell to retire.

In the process of getting an 03' 100 aniversary Deuce! It has stage 1, V & H exhaust some extras and 8500 miles. Its prety clean and askin 11,500. Sounds like you got your bike pretty much dialed in! Mind if I check in with you now and then for advise.

My kids are always asking ..when am I goingretarded! (RETIRED)

Old 04-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Olyone
Tourer

Is it true that you get more performance going two into one exhaust?

Old 04-30-2008, 04:19 PM
breaknbad
Road Warrior

My 04 was about 18,000.

Cant remember exactly. Then the two tone paint 300.00.
The alarm again was 300.00.
I walked out of the showroom with a stage one, Vance and Hines big radius pipes for close to 21,000.

Worth every penny. I like the unique tank but don't forget it was the only Harley that came with chrome front forks back then and the risers are one of a kind.
Customizing can be a problem but on most parts all softail parts will work.

2 into 1 does give more performance but i don't think you will feelthe difference. I went for looks more than performance on my choice but everyones different.

If you change pipes just go with a quality pipe that has heat shields. all pipes blue somewhat but the shields cover all that up.

Hope this helps and check back often.
We would like to see pics when you get your ride.

David

Old 04-30-2008, 07:10 PM
woosh
Outstanding HDF Member

My 06 was 19,800 on the floor, that's with the custom paint set. Added a few things in the past few years.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:32 PM
grumpez
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My '07 was $17,900 plus the alarm. Cons to the bike are finding parts to customize, get used to "except FXSTD". It's also nothing close to a touring bike, although you can get bags and a windshield for it. The pros are it's fun to ride, handles nice, and sits great. I've sat on all of the Harley's and for me the Deuce is the most comfortable, you sit in it rather than on it. Best of luck with yours. These guys are great and have been a huge help to me, I'm sure you will also benefit from their wisdom.