Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on Deuce 2-up seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 02:51 PM
bruski
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on Deuce 2-up seats

Looking for a new seat. Like most people, I'm trying to find a seat that conforms to the lines of the bike but is also the most comfortable. I've been looking at Danny Gray Weekday 2-up. Does anyone have this on their Deuce and what is your opinion? I was also looking at the Mustang Daytripper buttheir website says you can't add a sissy bar. Anyadvice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-30-2008, 03:55 PM
grumpez
Cruiser
Default RE: Need help on Deuce 2-up seats

I looked at seats for a long time, bought a couple on e-bay, and just couldn't find anything I liked, so, I finally designed my own and had it custom built by a local guy, funny enough, his company is called Guy's Upholstery. Nice thing about doing it this way is you get exactly what you want, he even had me come down and test it before he covered it. Bad part is, it does cost more to do.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:57 PM
breaknbad
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to say that mustang seat might work.

I bought a upgraded seat from Harley that said it would not work with sissy bar but it does.

In order to take off my seat i need to remove the pad off the sissy bar first then it comes right off. Very easy to do.

You can look at my profile pics if you want to see my seat. The seat is called a badlander. I bought it on e-bay for 100 dollars. I couldn't pass the deal up. It is a 400 dollar seat.I figured i could remove sissy bar for daily rides with that seat but learned i didn't need to take off.
It amounts to taking three screws out instead of one. No problem for me.

I like the way the seat really dips down low into the bike where you sit. I think it makes the lines of the bike stand out more.

David

Old 04-30-2008, 08:37 PM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Two separate quests here...a seat that is comfortable OR a seat that looks good on a Deuce ( or any HD for that matter ).

I am on my 3rd aftermarket seat...first 2 went a month each...this one is a year plus and 7000 miles and it stays on. I am not crazy about the way it follows ( or does not follow ) the Deuce lines...but beauty is the eye of the beholder and I have beheld it's comfort. LePera Sorrento. Both riders are much more comfortable and seat has quality that is readily apparent. Check out the pictures on the link in my signature. John

[IMG]local://upfiles/20872/2037940293404803BB83713747EE1E06.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-30-2008, 09:35 PM
tim002
Novice

I am not sure what this seat is called...but I saw this on a deuce at a local shop, actually sat on it..was pretty comfortable...seat actually doesn't look that bad.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:43 PM
twiceretired
Tourer

That's the HD Sundowner touring seat. I bought that and the back rest/rack when I got my deuce, thinking it would be comfortable for the wife. It's a VERY comfortable seat up front, but surprisingly there is only about 1" of foam in back. I sent mine to a local shop and had gel and foam added to the rear portion only, then before the wife could test it out, we bought a BMW K1200LT. She's never even sat on it! Extra $173 down the old crapper. But as I said, up front, it's an excelent seat.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:40 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My wife has a Danny Gray solo on her Deuce and it feels great. I'd assume that comfort factor would translate to the 2-up seats as well.

I've always had good luck with Sundowners although they aren't the pretiest seats out there. But if you consider that in a 2-up configuration the seat is covered by two bodies, who cares? Form follows function.