Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Touring Bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 11:06 AM
BigJohn Fatboy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Fatboy Touring Bike

Riding an 07 Fatboy. I love the look of the Tour-Pak that's designed for the Road King. Also like the volume of the Road King Classic Bags.Does HD make a bracket for the wider 07 fender struts,quick connection along with the Road King Bags. Looking at Rineharts for the exhaust, which I think will work with the RK Bags.

I know what everyone is going to say "should have bought a bagger" But I love the Fatboy and need to take it on some long trips.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:28 AM
renoa18
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fatboy Touring Bike

I just slap a windshield and my sissy bar with luggage rack and two bags and I go. I can pack for about 7 days on the road without having to wash anything.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:59 AM
bdejong11129
Cruiser

Nothing worong with adding a few things to your Fatboy. I call mine the FatBagger. I ride with the windscreen and harmounted bags all the time.

Dont know about mounting the Road king bags on it, but do what you want, after all its your bike. Harley may have designed it but its up to you to make it yours.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:12 AM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

You can put the touring bags on the Softail using a Cyclvision "Bagger Tailkit" http://www.cyclevisions.com/bag-moun...ail-bag-mountsYou can also put the King Tour Packs on the Softails. I have a Detachable King Tour Pack and Hard bags on mySoftail (Put a Fat Boy fender on it so the brakets would be better hidden.)

Old 05-05-2008, 08:06 AM
MICHALISLARNACA
Cruiser

Check mine out

Old 05-05-2008, 08:42 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I have the quick disconnect windshield, passenger backrest/luggage rack, and hard leather bags for my FatBoy.

This allows me to go from 'cruising mode' to 'touring mode' almost instantly.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:57 AM
BigJohn Fatboy
Cruiser

Thanks Guys,

What I'm looking for is the HD Tour Pak. I don't think that they have come out with the quick connect bracket which will fit the Wider Rear Fender of the 2007 Fatboy. I would buy one without the bracket, and mount it directly to the sissy bar/rack, but the tour pak has a backrest built in, defeats the purpose.

May just end up tying a duffle bag to it, what the hell.....

Anyone going to Milwaukee for the anniversary...Lucky me, I live in North Carolina, but work in downtown Milwaukee.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:04 AM
BigJohn Fatboy
Cruiser

Just so you know, this picture shows exactly what I want to do. Whoever owns this bike, looks great.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Lopoetve
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm seriously interested in this as well

Old 05-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I had the Leather pack with the detach until I put the King Tour pack.You canuse the same rack foreither pack.

Your correct abour the 07 FB

"53066-00B Fits '00-'05 Softail® models (except FXSTD). Fits '06 FLST, FLSTF and '06-'07 FLSTC, FLSTN, FLSTSC models. Designed to accept Color-Matched Sport Tour-Pak® or Leather Tour-Pak® Luggage System. Requires separate purchase of appropriate Docking Hardware. Some models require the separate purchase of Direction Relocation Kit. Refer to Detachable Docking Hardware Chart for specific application. Some EU registration plates may interfere with Tour-Pak® Rack. Models with rear fender tip trim can be adapted with the separate purchase of License Plate Relocation Kit P/N 60095-00A.

Quick Reply: Fatboy Touring Bike