Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defend the Rocker

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 06:26 PM
KC Rocker
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Defend the Rocker

I am new to this forum but a long time rider and H/D fan. It is a great source for info. But as a new Rocker owner, I have to say that the Rocker takes much abuse here.

The forum is full of why people don't like it and what they would change, how the H/D design is way off. When you walk into any H/D dealership this is the one bike that is wait-listed, selling above list and has everyone talking.

What I find most ironic is that the ones that will tell you all the things need to be changed will also show the pics of their bikes that barelyhave a stock pieceon them! For me that is the best part of owning our bikes is so many optionsto make them your own.

That's just my 2 cents...

Old 05-06-2008, 06:37 PM
RetroHarley
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Defend the Rocker

You just joined today and your first post is a call-out thread complaining about everyone that does not like the bike you find appealing.

At least they didn't call your bike a girl's bike, feel lucky and get tougher skin.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:43 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome from San Antonio......

(and next time - try just introducing yourself, laying low, maybe posting a few posts before you turn on the group)

just saying..... it may make you a bit more welcome.........

Old 05-06-2008, 06:43 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I don't like the Rocker.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Not sure if this post is going to get you a lot of love ... anyway welcome and how about some pics of that dear machine of yours?

Old 05-06-2008, 06:54 PM
blackness
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: KC Rocker

The forum is full of why people don't like it and what they would change, how the H/D design is way off. When you walk into any H/D dealership this is the one bike that is wait-listed, selling above list and has everyone talking.
I wouldn't buy anything BECAUSE it is on a waiting list and has everyone talking. I would buy it because *I* liked it, that is what matters. Also personally I would NEVER pay above list for anything, I'm just too damn cheap.

ORIGINAL: KC Rocker

What I find most ironic is that the ones that will tell you all the things need to be changed will also show the pics of their bikes that barelyhave a stock pieceon them! For me that is the best part of owning our bikes is so many optionsto make them your own.
Exactly,get what YOU want, and make it whatYOU want.

That being said, I think the rocker is one of the best, sleekest looking bikes to ever come from Harley...except the seat.

If I bought one the first thing I would do is unbolt that seat and throw it into the first trash can I could find.Then I wouldput some sort of sprung solo seat on it, you know, like the crossbones but sleeker. I would fabricate it if I had to.

A softail is supposed to look like a rigid and to me the sprung seat would look WAAAAY better and not so out of place as the stock style seat. But hey, thats my opinion and the only person it should matter to is me... BTW, welcome to the forum.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:02 PM
DrawDown
Road Master

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

Welcome to the forum. I don't like the Rocker.
I second the motion...all in favor say I...[8D] Really dude, first post wasnt so hot. Theres a few better ways to introduce yourself...like sayin Hello...

Old 05-06-2008, 07:03 PM
BoneCrusher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard congrats on the ride.

This is my worthless opinion but if you care what people think then you're missing the big picture. Ride what you like but ride, the rest is trivial.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:04 PM
jipmkwa
Cruiser

Pretty bike but needs some adjusment.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:06 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 446 Likes on 309 Posts

"The forum is full of why people don't like it and what they would change, how the H/D design is way off. When you walk into any H/D dealership this is the one bike that is wait-listed, selling above list and has everyone talking."

They have 3 or 4 rockers on the floor at my local dealers and I have only seen one person ride one to the dealer. Not much of a wait here.

Quick Reply: Defend the Rocker