Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winvest Windshield - Mounting & Price

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 10:14 AM
tim002
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winvest Windshield - Mounting & Price

Hi All,
I am looking for a windshield for my deuce for when I go on those long rides....I am targeting a Windvest 16" (10-1242C).

[align=center]
[/align]
1. Mounting
Can anyone post photos of how this mounts to their bike? Will the mounts scratch the chrome on the handlebars? It's doens't look as convient as the harley quick release windshields.

2. Price. Where did you purchase? The windvest site is selling for $395...I found Amazon (PowersportSuperstore com) is selling for
$315.02. Anyone know of any better deals? Moneys tight so I am trying to shop around.

Thanks!
Tim

Old 05-12-2008, 10:41 AM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Winvest Windshield - Mounting & Price

I have a wind vest on my deuce. Easy installation. I would suggest some kind of plastic or thin rubber gasket between bars and clamps. As for price, I bought mine from an Ebay seller for $175 + shipping. It had never been used. I will admit it was a rare find and an excellent price. It mounts very solid and I have no intentions of taking it off. Works very well. email me and I will send you pictures. My pictures are too large for file. Just mention Deuce Windvest Pictures in the subject line.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:38 PM
fbhawg
Tourer

I wanted a Widvest, but for everyone that loved theirs there was another that said it was all hype. I went with HD.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:44 PM
kemosabe2
Cruiser

I also wanted a Windvest, but went with a Memphis Shades El Paso for 1/2 the price and am very happy with it.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:49 PM
roofer
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine on ebay to around 150 bucks its actually on a lowrider but I hae the 560 chubby's on it so I went with the duece windvest and it worked great

Old 05-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a 14" Windvest on my '08 Softail Custom. I thought it looked great! The cool part was that it worked every bit as good as it looked! It mounted on the bars with 4 bolts. Very easy installation. I didn't put any rubber or plastic on the bars or inside the hardware to protect from scratching, and the dealer has the bike now has it on the showroom floor without the Windvest on it. There aren't any scratches on the bars. I never took it off the bike, though. I imagine the more you put it on and take it off, the more likely you'll develop some scratches. You might put it on your bike and decide to leave it on. One thing I really liked about the Windvest was that it didn't take away from the lines of the bike. It blended nicely. It's not nearly as unsightly as a regular windshield. I highly recommend it.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:09 PM
DanDeuce
Road Captain

Tim , don't buy the HD windshield , it deflects nothing . I watch bigger bugs come straight in and SPLAT . I have the taller QD model , it might work better if it had some inverse curvature on the top edge like the WindVest has , thinking about the WindVest myself !

Old 05-15-2008, 05:27 PM
yellowpearlfb
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Tim....I put a clesr Windvest 14' on my FB this year. I like it. I purchased it from Coolwindshields, don't remember how much. As for scratches, I don't know, It hasn't been off since I put on. I think you'll like it.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:21 PM
07deluxe
Road Captain

Winvest goes on, on my longer rides, I didnt think I was going to use a shield but as I got older, I got wiser. I ended up with the smoked Windvest on my deluxe. I started out with the harley version and just didnt like the look of the larger shield with my beach bars, plus the stock shield did not fit with my upgraded Nacelle. I did a 1500 plus mile trip thru the desert about a month ago, lots of bugs and stuff on route 66; none on my face! I have fat 1 1/4" beach bars and had to special order the correct clamp for my bars. Mounts right to the bars with a basic 4 allen type bolt on clamp, easy off too. The HD quick release stuff is just invitation to a thief.

Heres some pics;

All loaded up with my Windvest attached and T-Bags

Old 05-16-2008, 06:04 PM
chazzy
Cruiser

Does anybody have or has anybody seen a windvest on a springer front end such as a Crossbones? I'd like to get some sort of tinted windshield but not a regular tall shield but something like a deflector for my Crossbones. Something that I can take on and off. Dont' plan on keeping the shield on all the time, just on a long trip. Also, since I"m new to having a springer front end, will any springer mounting bracket for a windshield work on my crossbones?

Quick Reply: Winvest Windshield - Mounting & Price