Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floorboard extensions

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 08:17 PM
racngrn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floorboard extensions

Could use some help. I purchased the floorboard extensions from Harley Goodies ( for my Fatboy). Excellent quality and clear instructions. They make the bike MUCH more comfortable to ride, especially since I put a stage one air cleaner , pipes and fuel system. My big radius pipes were much closer to the footboard and the new element forces the air cleaner cover out a bit. I'm only about 5'7', so any extra reach can be a hassle. I love them and they give some room to move around.

Now here's the problem. I am haing trouble reaching the kickstand with my boot to pull it back up because the floorboard sticks out the extra inch or so. A kickstand extension doesn't seem to be the answer because that will only really improve the kick down reach, not pull up. Any thoughts on how to get the stock setup to be more reachable. I can get to it if I scoot down on the tank, but that sucks. Thanks, Steve

Old 05-23-2009, 04:54 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,935 Likes on 1,919 Posts

If you are having trouble reaching the kickstand you can make an extension for the kickpiece and bolt it on. We are currently working on a production model. I personally do not have this issue. I know one thing for sure, I am a lot more comfortable.