Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you feel short-changed . . .

Old 05-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Do you feel short-changed . . .

by riding a Softail? [>:]I love mine. All I get from my buddies is "they may be called "Softail" but they sure ride hard" (compared to what - your broom?). [sm=badbadbad.gif]

I don't know about you, but I'am comfortable. Maybe my tail isn't as sEnSiTiVe as theirs. [:@]

Anybody else catch hell like this?

Old 05-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Do you feel short-changed . . .

I ride with two RK owners, they both love my bike. They like the way it sits, and the angle of the bars. People that talk bad about your bike are probably just a wee bit jealous.
My parents taught me that if you can't say something nice it is better to say nothing at all.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

True [&o]true . . . almost ALWAY'S the best fruit the birds pick at fursur. [sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 05-13-2008, 10:24 PM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love riding mine too. I had some dude the other day make a crack at me for riding one. I guess because he rode a vintage harley I didn't count on my Softail. Puh-lease!! I love vinatage bikes, but this guy was too much. Anyone else get this treatment?

Old 05-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Harley03joe
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I Been Tru That Same Crap, Some Folks Are Just Bitter Because THEY DON'T HAVE WHAT YOU HAVE , so they start bad mouthing yours , JEALOUS Was The Right Word.

I Might Add JEALOUS AZZ HOLES , I Have Two Words For Them And It's NOT MERRY CHRISTMAS.

I'm Like The Rest Of You BIG BIKE OWNERS, Road King, Fat boy, Springer, Ultra, Heritage Or What Ever You Ride ,,, Honda, Yamaha, Indian, Victory, MOPED, If Your Happy With What Your Riding, Then I Am Happy.

Who Am I To Start Bad Mouthing Your Ride.

I Really Don't Care What Others Ride, As Long As That Don't F&&&CK With Mine.

And That Is The Rest Of The Story

Just Enjoy What Ever You Ride, Just Ride Safe, But Watch The AZZ Hole Next to you Or Behind You
[sm=signs003.gif] [sm=icon_cheers.gif] [sm=biker2.gif]

Old 05-14-2008, 01:02 AM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Had a Fat Boy before my Road King and while I thing the King has a little more comfortable ride, I never felt "short-changed" on the ride. Ride Softails (along with everything else) just about everyday at work and I've got no complaints about the ride.

My parents taught me that if you can't say something nice it is better to say nothing at all.
Yeah mine too. Just seem to forget that lesson about 5 minutesof conversation with95% of the population.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:32 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

I never feel short changed because I am riding the bike of choice for me. No offense to the other models, but I wouldn't trade my Springer for any of them.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:13 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

My Softail use to ride hard,
then I took my Corbin seat off and put on a Mustang seat.
Now it's much better.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:44 AM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i started on a softail (heritage)and went progressivly larger...RK, then Electra glide, Then ultra....well, now im back on a softail and loving every minuet of it. there really isnt THAT much different of a ride.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:50 AM
Korbenw7p3c
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

In comparison, my Softail ride soo much better than my Sporty, it's not even funny. I rode the Sporty to the dealership yesterday to get a new oil filter, since I had drained the oil out of my big bike, to finish off the oil change on it. I was greeted by my salesman which sold me my new ride and he smiled while looking out at the parking lot. He said " I see your riding the Sportster today". I replied " I have two bikes and I just love riding that Sportster!". He nodded in agreement and went on about his business.
The wife rode on my new bike last weekend for the first time since I've owned it and while running on down the road, she said " I'll never ride on your Sportster again!". That's fine by me!!! What a difference.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you feel short-changed . . .