Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has Kuryakyn Mark IVs? I need input/help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 08:02 AM
sethhobrin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has Kuryakyn Mark IVs? I need input/help!!!

Just had the standard size Mark IVs installed on my 2008 fatboy at the dealership along with the iso boards.

The seem to low compared to the floorboards. SHouldn't the pegs be higher up than the floorboards. My feet barely reach them and they are the smaller standard size Mark IVs and I am 6'0 tall with a 30" inseam. My feet end up resting on the pegs at about the 3/4 point which leaves 3/4s of my foot hanging below the peg and below the floorboards which in my opinion is dangerous.

Anyone have pictures of the Mark IVs on a fatboy? Aren't the pegs supposed to be higher than the floorboards? Right now they are dead even or perhaps even just a hair lower than the floorboards. I know they are adjustable but it doesn't seem like they adjust enough to make them appropriate height.

Please provide pics if you have them!

Old 05-14-2008, 09:51 AM
fargbama
Cruiser
Default RE: Who has Kuryakyn Mark IVs? I need input/help!!!

I had the standard on my fatboy and I had them adjusted all the way up . They were higher than the floorboard but not much . My problem was scraping the bottoms of them . Bought the extended ones and they are higher and can be adjusted in my opinion fairly good for a 30" inseam .

Old 05-14-2008, 09:58 AM
sethhobrin
Advanced
Default RE: Who has Kuryakyn Mark IVs? I need input/help!!!

I wonder if the dealership will let me exchange them considering I just had 2500 in work done... damnit.. yeah i am totally not digging the standards.. they are just too low. I need them up higher so my heel is not below the floorboards....